What am i doing wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What am i doing wrong?

I am trying to get a couple of custom bodies built,and have contacted several builders,first with a "can you build this,and ballpark me a how much".Gotten replys,then I've requested several mods I'd like to have,and if they can or can't do them. no answer,...
    Ever. What the F@#$!!!
    I'm sure I've made myself clear that i am willing to pay all the upcharges,and yes,there would be a bunch!BUT I AM WILLING TO PAY!!!Yes,it would be a very high dollar body,probably as much as a nice new guitar,but that is the point! A custom one of a kind "only i got one"guitar!
    I can't figure out if they think I'm a dreamer and not worth spending a few minutes to respond to,or if the mods are out of their league.If it's the first,wouldn't a simple "you're requests would require a down payment of x amount",be in order,and if it's the latter a "sorry,not willing to do that",be the professional way of doing things? Are these guys so busy they don't have time for custom stuff(i thought they were custom builders!)?
    In their defense i do have a lot of questions and requests,but still at this level of work and money i would think they are justified.
    I don't get it...
    www.thejimmyhatz.com

Nobody wants to reprogram their CNC mill...simple as that.

Comment

I guess I'd wonder what mods you are thinking of. If you are talking about trem routes, pickup routes, switch placement, control cavities, and multiple wood types (caps, veneers) then I don't think you should be getting too much trouble.

If you want a Vinnie Vincent doubleneck V, bevels and special neck pockets with a monkey grip made out of playdough dipped in albino Dinosaur jizz and fired in an oven carved out of rock from the top of Mt. Olympus, then maybe that's why you aren't getting much serious discussion.
      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Hmmm, maybe it'll sound like a sacrilege, but you could contact Ed Roman... sounds like he'd do anything, I think he has like 4 brand names of his own and does anything, I dunno.

Comment

No no no.

Have you contacted Mojo? http://www.mojobodies.com/

He's a sponsoring dealer here...
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

ed roman *hmph* he'll make it for you, but if it is made out of agathis when you wanted alder, you'll learn your lesson.
            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

+1 with MOJO
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Meanstreet... Mitch is a great talented guy and can do most anything for a better then fair price..

Comment

The mods i wouldn't think are that tough that i want,sunken strap locks,matching cavity covers,and truss rod covers,horn scallops,forearm,and tummy contour,heel scallop, etc.,on a dinky body.
                  For the record Mojo has been very professional with my requests and stupid questions.Although when i asked for a spalted maple top,i could feel him reach thru the monitor and bitch slap me!He even agreed to a request i get the feeling he normally does not allow.As soon a i get my end together,he has my biz for one body.

The other body,nobody seems to want to touch,a double neck dinky...
                  www.thejimmyhatz.com

Comment

Originally posted by 442w30 View Post
                    I guess I'd wonder what mods you are thinking of. If you are talking about trem routes, pickup routes, switch placement, control cavities, and multiple wood types (caps, veneers) then I don't think you should be getting too much trouble.

If you want a Vinnie Vincent doubleneck V, bevels and special neck pockets with a monkey grip made out of playdough dipped in albino Dinosaur jizz and fired in an oven carved out of rock from the top of Mt. Olympus, then maybe that's why you aren't getting much serious discussion.
                    albino dinosaur jizz isn't too hard to find; stewmac carries it. it's the mt. olympus oven that's the kicker.

sully
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                    X