Anyone own or try a Godin Detour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone own or try a Godin Detour?

Very interested in this guitar and pretty much everywhere i can find reviews for this,they are excellent! Anyone here have or try one?....your thoughts please!

By the way....no music stores around me carry Godin so if i go for this guitar,it will be sight unseen and thats why i`m looking for opinions! Thanks.

No one? Where are all the Canadian members? *lol*

Comment

I played a soliac godin and its pretty nice.L R Baggs piezo bridge is nice.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
        I played a soliac godin and its pretty nice.L R Baggs piezo bridge is nice.
        Yeah,those are cool looking guitars! Well, i asked this question on a couple of other forums i visit as well as here,and i`ve gotten nothing but praise for Godin guitars! I`m feeling very confident so i am going to order a Detour in the next couple of days!!!

Comment

This is the guitar i will be ordering......

Comment

Originally posted by Metaled1020 View Post
            This is the guitar i will be ordering......

http://www.alpha-music.com/productca...&idproduct=651
            Hey, post a review when you've tried it out some.
            I've had my eye on a Godin for a while now.

I guess if Steve Stevens likes them, they can't
            suck too bad!

theo

Comment

^^The guys at Alpha are great to deal with.
              EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Originally posted by drockilles View Post
                ^^The guys at Alpha are great to deal with.
                That`s not where i`m getting it at. I just found that pic to show. It says that it`s out of stock at that store anyway! There is a local mom & pop`s store that i will be ordering it from by me. And i will post a review and pics when i get it!!!

Comment

I do like the freeway model too kinda cheap but not bad.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Godin's are a good overall guitar, as a Canadian, they populate the guitar store walls up here as much as Fender or Gibson.

Except in one specific shop in my Area.

Godins and Fenders in one corner, Jacksons and EBMMs in the other! (too bad all the Jacksons are Imports though, I'd love to play an American model in a store)
                    Out Of Ideas

Comment

I dicked around with one (unplugged) a little tonight. Seemed to be decent quality - better than MIM Fenders anyway. Fit and finish was good, but I don't care much for the non-laquered paint job in silver... Feels like primer to me. If I had more time, I would have plugged it in for a bit, but I was in a bit of a hurry.

For the price this one was at, if I hadn't just bought a new preamp, I'd be noodling around with it right now!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                        I dicked around with one (unplugged) a little tonight. Seemed to be decent quality - better than MIM Fenders anyway. Fit and finish was good, but I don't care much for the non-laquered paint job in silver... Feels like primer to me. If I had more time, I would have plugged it in for a bit, but I was in a bit of a hurry.

For the price this one was at, if I hadn't just bought a new preamp, I'd be noodling around with it right now!
                        Yeah,i don`t care for the matte Silver finish one either....I got my eye on the high gloss Black Pearl one!!!!

Comment

The thing that attracts me the most is the 24.75 scale. I like that with 9-42 strings, well, I use 9-42`s on everything I alos like 8-38`s. Jack.

Comment

*Update*

Turns out the Detour was out of stock and could be up to 3 months wait!!! Don`t feel like waiting that long so i found a great Godin G-1000 on ebay and bought it!!!! The G-1000 is the only Godin i`ve seen in person and is what got me into Godin guitars in the first place. The only reason why i didn`t buy that one to begin with is because it was too beat up! So although i`m not getting the Detour,i`m still getting a Godin and a better one at that!!!

Comment

Here`s the link to the ebay auction to see ther guitar i bought for those interested!

Comment

Working...
                              X