12 string on a shoestring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 string on a shoestring

Still got a year or better before my Rickenbacker 660/12 Blueburst (one year only color opt.) gets here, luckily I got locked in on my price, they are bringing about 300 more right now because of the production back log. so I decided to put a 12 string together out of components to play in the interim. that proved to be a fairly pricy idea too, WTF I bought this on ebay for 150 bucks, new blem, they claimed actual veneer, I always thought fotoflame, but sure enough its veneer, cuz the blem is the section between the top hb and the neckpocket had chipped out and was halfassed glued back in, the pickups were all misaligned, One string was the wrong size, and there was no set up to speak of. all in all, its okay, I do like the neck, feels alot like the import wolfgang, body seems a little bigger than my USA wolfgang was, Pickups are pretty harsh, high output Hbs in a 12 string, isn't the most desireable set up, but clean thru a tube amp, it gets all those Jimmy Page, Yes, and with a little compression the Byrds, tones , I think the body binding and 7 and 5 axis style headstock is nice touch

OLP MM12

Last edited by FusionFarmer; 04-26-2007, 11:47 AM.
    I say the boy ain't right!

What brand is OLP ? Is it from some other brand ?

Comment

OLP is the Squier to Musicman's Fender.
      Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Where's the Floyd?

Comment

They made a doubleneck that was only $395, I've seen them in a couple of Guitar Centers. I'm sure you could change pickups to ones you could coil-tap and get your jangly 12-string sound.

I have a Brownsville Choirboy 12-string that I like a lot. It's a black sparkle LP body style with 3 wide-bodied single-coil pickups. The pickups are pretty quiet for single-coils and sound pretty good distorted too. It's wired with a 5-way like a standard Strat but the pickups aren't quite as bright as a Strat's.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

If I dial it down its not bad, I have a pair of p 90s I may put in there, if its a 4 wire lead to the pups I may just kill off one coil first and see if it helps, Single coils really are best for 12 strings IMO
            I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Working...
            X