The definition of brutal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The definition of brutal

So I finally get around to buying a power conditioner yesterday so I can hook up the graphic EQ and the BBE 422A to my 5150. I get the whole thing set up and think to myself, what do plug in?
    Answer: Hamer Standard Mahogany. With the Duncan Custom 5 in the bridge, I was all of a sudden a metal riffing god. The bass response, the tight, thick crunchy goodness, it was all there. Harmonics were blazing forth, it was amazing. I couldn't help but rip into some classic metal like Maiden, Sabbath, Ozzy, etc.
    I'm no great soloist. I can accept that. But goddamn I need to find myself a metal band that is looking for a rhythm guitarist.

Here's a sample.

By the way, anyone have a decent 4 space rack case for sale?

your settings are weird!!! thats a lot of bass and treble :o LOL cool that its working for ya ive had a 5150 since 96 and i dont think i could ever give it up!

nice guitars too
    My metal band Lucian Scott
    Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
    Available Now!
    New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Cool
      I would've plugged in the 7 and ripped some Arch Enemy
      or Nevermore riffs
      I love my 5150 too.
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Wow, those knobs on the BBE are pretty much all the way up. Isn't that way to much sizzle?

Nice, I have the same setup. 5150, BBE 422A, and a G-Major. Except now it shares time with my Mesa.

Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

I run my BBE with both knobs on 10. Where can you go from there? They need to make one that will go to 11................

Comment

Originally posted by krimson View Post
            Wow, those knobs on the BBE are pretty much all the way up. Isn't that way to much sizzle?

Nice, I have the same setup. 5150, BBE 422A, and a G-Major. Except now it shares time with my Mesa.

Yeah, the knobs are pretty much maxed. It's not really all that much "sizzle" to my ears. But, I'm only running the gain at 3-5. With more gain, it gets a little too ridiculous and I could see how the BBE would need to be dimed back some. I still need to play around with it a little, though. Still looking for a killer lead tone to match the amazing rhythm curnch I've discovered.

Comment

Yeah, the 5150 has more gain than anybody will ever use. I usually have mine set between 2 & 3.
              Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Working...
              X