Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gimme a break...

Has this been posted, if so delete.

1800$ for a bolt-on Kramer with cheese graphics. Musicyo must be readung too many Charvel price lists!

I agree, their prices are going higher and higher quickly on their stuff. They use to have good prices. Jack.

Comment

Ill never forget the two baretta's I bought for 199$ a few years back.....

Both arrived with ass setups, but once done up right, they were the BEST bang for the buck I have EVER got on a guitar. My one complaint was a personal one that the nut was 1 5/8 when i prefer 1 11/16. So now they offer boltons for 1800$, and havent had a neckthru baretta (korean) for years....

buggers!

Comment

That crimson Baretta looks sweet, though. Maple board goodness.
        My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

yeah, thats a lot of cash to shell out for a bolt on kramer, but hey, it might be worth it. I'm with mhalsey though on that crimson baretta.
          Guitars:
          '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
          '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
          '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
          Amp:
          VOX AD30VT

Comment

I was under the impression that the wood for those was done in China and they are just assembled in the USA. Just like these:

Comment

theyre completly US made
              all custom shop
              My Guitars
              Hohner HW-200 (Natrual Grain)
              Slammer By Hamer XP-1 Standard (Wine Red)
              Kramer 1984 Custom (Bullseye Black)
              Squier Affinity Series P-Bass (Black)
              Epiphone Les Paul Classic (Black)
              Takamine EG531SSC (Black)
              Kramer Vanguard S-440S
              Kramer Proaxe Standard (Black Sparkle)
              Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul Custom (Camo)
              Kramer F-1000 (Black)
              Ibanez RG-370 (Urban Digital Camo)

Comment

There is no Kramer custom shop. US made, yes. But they've contracted out the build of these guitars to an independent shop. Nonetheless, they look like nice guitars.

Comment

Doesn`t Gibson own/make Kramer`s nowadays?

Comment

Yes. But, until recently, they were all imports. Even some of the stuff they were claiming as US series, were really import parts assembled in the US. (...Which would be consistent with some of Kramer's history. )

But the recent ones are the first truly "US made" ones, since Gibson bought them. As I understand it, they've contracted with some small shop in Ohio to build these guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                      As I understand it, they've contracted with some small shop in Ohio to build these guitars.
                      Any idea where in Ohio? Might be fun for a road trip!

Comment

I forget where. Tried searching, but couldn't find it. The Kramer forum guys will know, though.

Comment

I've been looking at that one, but for some reason I just can't get myself to buy it. I don't like how the katana is centered, the edge of the pickup route clips some of it off.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                            I forget where. Tried searching, but couldn't find it. The Kramer forum guys will know, though.
                            Some say...................Nashville. Some say "USA". I don't fukin believe it. Gibson is so full of shit. The could, at least, git the story straight or provide a write up about where and who.

Here's a tour of the verifiable USA Kramer factory :ROTF:
                            Our guitar factory is located in the south east of china in the guoang dong province. We Have a work force of 200 people manufacturing acoustic guitars, elec...

They say "hand built in the USA" but not by who!

Comment

In my opinion, around 1000$ for a brand new made in the USA Kramer, with quality parts like origninal floyd and such, with case, seems like a great deal to me.
                              I would be really tempted to get one if i lived in the USA, that baretta reissue looks amazing.
                              But the graphics, no thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X