Please Tell Me I'm Nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Tell Me I'm Nuts

I am GASSING - shit! I heard about these Abel Axes - suppose to have sustain that no other guitar can touch with killer tone.

I spoke with the guy the other day and they are building them better than ever. I can get 24 frets, Kahler trem and whatever pups.

They have built them now with mahogany necks which give them a warmer sound than the old maple neck ones. Gives them more range on the low end without losing highs. And I can get a maple fingerboard. And the new bodies are suppose to be more comfy than the old ones.

They will paint them anyway you want.

Every and I mean every account of the old guitars I have read say they have never heard anything like the sound of this guitar in any solid body guitar ever built. Unbelievable sustain and tone. Even the copy cat of this guitar - the Rogue Aluminator was suppose to be great.

Unmatched upper fret access for a bolt on guitar because there is no huge block of wood at the neck - just a thin aluminum piece coming from the body. I have seen the back of the necks and they are killer.

Custom price - $3700 ! I could sell enough stuff to come up with about $1700 so I would have to come up with $2K cash - less than the cost of most custom guitars out there. Still a lot of money though.

I am just not sure if the sound is actually what everyone claims without hearing one in person - or if the reviews I have read are more marketing than an honest review.

OK talk me out of it guys.
    Last edited by shredmonster; 05-08-2007, 11:18 AM.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

do they still have holes in the body? if so, that is reason enough NOT to buy one....
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

No they have changed it to the shape in the picture. They make the round hole swiss cheese looking body style anymore.

I think they carve the body to lighten them up.

What intrigues me is how these things are suppose to sound and sustain.
      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

AHH, can't see the picture since i am at work. i'll look again later....
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Ok then, you're nuts. Happy now?

That guitar looks horrid
          Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

looks kinda yucky.

sorry.

but hey, there should not be any arguments about whether it is "metal" enough
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Your nuts I would Not buy it sorry it looks like it will break easy..............

Comment

pat, remember that i get dibs on your list.
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                  pat, remember that i get dibs on your list.
                  Not me, bro. Close screename, but no cigar.

Besides, he's definitely nuts. :ROTF: j/k

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                    Not me, bro. Close screename, but no cigar.

Besides, he's definitely nuts. :ROTF: j/k
                    Nope, it's definitely you. Perhaps your memory isn't what it once was

I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

If you're really interested, it would be better to buy an old one and see how it sustains vs a normal guitar:

Maybe you could message the buyer and seller thru ebay and see if the new designs really are better for sustain:

Either way, the 'marketplace' says these are $500-$1000 guitars, not $3700.....

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
                        +1

that's the clue, man.
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

shredmonstor...since you asked so politely I'll go ahead and say you are in fact nuts
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

WRT to sustain, how much do you need? Do your other guitars not cut it, even when playing through a cranked amp? You just seem really obsessed about it. I remember a while back when you were so concerned about lack of mass at the neck joint on sculpted-heel designs and how it would hurt sustain. I just think a lot of that becomes moot once you plug the thing in and turn up, at least in my experience with guitars of decent quality. Not bashing, just curious as to where the concern comes from.

Comment

That guy's nuts, grab 'em!
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X