1989 B.C. Rich Gunslinger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
    Thanks for all the comments guys. This one great guitar. Does anyone know what the lettering says?
    There are two Asian guys at work, so I had them look at it. Neither character is a 'word' in either Japanese or Chinese. If the upper character had two dots to the left of it, then the closest word it would be is the word for the color red. One of the guys says he remembers seeing these symbols/characters recently on either Japanese or Chinese TV, but he can't remember what the program was about....possibly a rock group he thought.

They both thought the characters were more leaning towards being a heavily stylized Chinese....possibly the artists stylized 'rendition' of something that looked like Chinese writing.

They also mentioned that when they see these kind of graphics, more times than not, it is the guitar owner's name or 'nickname'.

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
      There are two Asian guys at work, so I had them look at it. Neither character is a 'word' in either Japanese or Chinese. If the upper character had two dots to the left of it, then the closest word it would be is the word for the color red. One of the guys says he remembers seeing these symbols/characters recently on either Japanese or Chinese TV, but he can't remember what the program was about....possibly a rock group he thought.

They both thought the characters were more leaning towards being a heavily stylized Chinese....possibly the artists stylized 'rendition' of something that looked like Chinese writing.

They also mentioned that when they see these kind of graphics, more times than not, it is the guitar owner's name or 'nickname'.
      Dude, I really appreciate your time and help. That was really cool of you. That is really interesting info.

Alvin
      MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Hey, I have a late 80's BC RICH gunslinger with a snakeskin finish, but it also has an angled single coil neck pickup. Everything else is identical,,,including the placement of the "made in usa' logo......EVERYTHING about it, every curve, etc... suggests it is a gunslinger. So is it really a gunslinger , or an assassin, as one guy suggested to me. I wish I knew how to post pics,,,,,,but basically it is the absolute same guitar with an extra pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchfan6 View Post
          Hey, I have a late 80's BC RICH gunslinger with a snakeskin finish, but it also has an angled single coil neck pickup. Everything else is identical,,,including the placement of the "made in usa' logo......EVERYTHING about it, every curve, etc... suggests it is a gunslinger. So is it really a gunslinger , or an assassin, as one guy suggested to me. I wish I knew how to post pics,,,,,,but basically it is the absolute same guitar with an extra pickup.
          I have a similar guitar as yours.

In this older thread I asked the same question. The answer came back as "assassin".

Comment

Yep-Assassin
            http://www.bcrichplayers.com/

Comment

Wow, mountaindog, that's the SAME guitar as mine, except my snakeskin finish is gray/black, not blue/black. So assassin , you say.

Comment

My Gunslinger. The graphics are totally gay looking, but the guitar really smokes.

Comment

If anyone wishes to allow me to add their B.C.Riches to the Unofficial B.C.Rich serial number archive,then please send me pictures and the serial number of each one to me at

[email protected]

thanks

Lorne
                  http://www.bcrichplayers.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X