Can ESP Do Anything Original?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scotty View Post
    So what didn't you like about it? Was the ESP or the LTD? Was there anything you did like?
    Scotty
    The thing I didn't like at first was it was a copy of the star. But i got to thinking "Ya know, I'll never be able to afford a used Charvel one, and at this rate I sure won't get a new one". To be honest, I'm not a fan of LTD (but I like ESPs), but this thing played nice and was well put together. IT sounded pretty good too. Plus it looked great, though the inlays are on the smallish side.

Comment

Oh yes, the little devil girl guitar ...
      Light Lies Trailer
      www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQC1CvcNQ6g

Six-Point Lead
      www.youtube.com/sixpointlead

www.myspace.com/sixpointlead

Comment

I must admit it is a good copy...
        I like the red and the white binding around the body...
        This Gus G. model looks really good... but, the quality is
        the question here... I rather would buy an Jackson
        (custom shop, if I had the money)
        Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
          http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...tar?sku=512897

How long before Charvel gets the lawyers on this one?
          ESP has the most wild custom designs on the planet that go up to $15,000. You honestly do get the meat and potatoes version ESPs in the US. Nobody would buy the artistic and futristic designs they do outside of Japan.

Comment

Who gives a crap about originality, anyway? Every single manufacturer out there has at least one ripoff design. Hell, even Charvel ripped off the Strat body shape, if you want to look at it that way.

Comment

Gus Had an ESP japan only sig for a while then firewind released their new album toured with dragonforce and became better known out of japan and greece....

Him touring with arch enemy couldnt have hurt...

Then they released the ltd and esp version in the states...

BTW I doubt most teeney boppers know of the charvel star let alone have the funds for acs neckthrough one like that....

plus it seems a little less chunky than the star, and yeah EVH hacked up and old ibanez and didnt Charvel bass it off that?

I like it looks different.

Owain

Comment

Originally posted by ozzuk1 View Post
                plus it seems a little less chunky than the star, and yeah EVH hacked up and old ibanez and didnt Charvel base it off that?
                Yeah, the old Ibanez Destroyer Eddie hacked up... which was a rip-off of a Gibson Explorer. :ROTF:
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Special-K View Post
                  I must admit it is a good copy...
                  I like the red and the white binding around the body...
                  This Gus G. model looks really good... but, the quality is
                  the question here... I rather would buy an Jackson
                  (custom shop, if I had the money)
                  Jackson CS hasn't exactly been everything they're cracked up to be as of late either... ESP/LTD quality on their higher end stuff is usually pretty tight.

Comment

That ESP Star kicks ass. I'd totally go for one of those.

Comment

I have yet to see an ESP with the kind of flaws and careless construction that has been showing up on the new Charvels. I actually have a CS ESP in the works at this time. Their CS is very open minded and lacks the Upcharge BS that has been introduced into the Charvel line. Example- Body wood your choice no upcharge, fingerboard wood your choice no upcharge, althogh they do not come standard with a compound radius fingerboard they will do it and no UPCHARGE.

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
                        I have yet to see an ESP with the kind of flaws and careless construction that has been showing up on the new Charvels. I actually have a CS ESP in the works at this time. Their CS is very open minded and lacks the Upcharge BS that has been introduced into the Charvel line. Example- Body wood your choice no upcharge, fingerboard wood your choice no upcharge, althogh they do not come standard with a compound radius fingerboard they will do it and no UPCHARGE.
                        Take notes, FMIC. And Carvin...

Comment

Nowadays, ESP makes better quality axes than many of its US peers

Comment

Originally posted by hksb_alex View Post
                            Nowadays, ESP makes better quality axes than many of its US peers
                            I'd agree to a certain degree. I have two LTD's right now - an EC-1000 and a Viper 400. By NO means "custom shop" guitars, but again, as I had mentioned before, the fit and finish on these sub-$1000 guitars is top notch. The finishes are done well with no noticeable flaws, the hardware is better than you find on some higher end guitars, the pickups are usually matched well to the guitar (both cosmetically and sonically), and the fretwork on mine has always been very good - no dead spots, sharp edges, and so on.

If the LTD's have that kind of quality control in Korea, I'd love to get my hands on some real ESP's.

Comment

I love Jackson too (my disclaimer from getting flamed!), but having owned 4 ESPs, two of which were 2 Customs (All from the '99 Era, funnily enough), those were some Amazing amazing guitars.

I really regret now getting rid of the 3 I had, and now really dig the Viper i still have.

i can't speak for their new stuff, but ESP knows how to make some quality quality instruments.

Comment

Working...
                              X