No announcement yet.

Can ESP Do Anything Original?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultimately, ESP don't need to be original to be succesful as we can see at the moment. J/C need to lift their game to compete....
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by El_Kabong View Post
      ESP has the most wild custom designs on the planet that go up to $15,000. You honestly do get the meat and potatoes version ESPs in the US. Nobody would buy the artistic and futristic designs they do outside of Japan.
      Yeah, I don't understand this, either. The U.S. market almost seems to be an afterthought to ESP. I suppose our more stringent copyright and trademark laws (and enforcement thereof) prevent them from bringing some of their stuff over, like the Edwards line of Gibson and Fender copies.

LTDs don't really count, to me, since they're just Samicks...much like Epiphones, most modern Ibanezes, Schecters, etc. etc. The real ESPs, on the other hand, are almost always very nice instruments. And given the jacked-up prices of new Jacksons, ESPs have become a much better deal than they used to be, which is never something I thought I'd say.

Comment

Working...
      X