83 L.p.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 83 L.p.

I saw an 83 studio custom today TSB in color with the Kahler/Gibson bridge. I was wondering weren't these an alder body with a maple neck?Triple binding on the top neck binding and small pearl dots.I remember reading about these a while back.Its a damn nice guitar and I would like to have it but $800.00 is way to high for Norlin era L.P.thats not mahogony.Price guide say $675.00 for a mint one.
    Anyone know more about these as far as collectability?
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Does it have a Custom Shop sticker on the back of the headstock?

Strange, I thought these began production in 1984. But no, they have a mahogany back and a maple top. They are a bit rare but the LP dudes will always shun it because of the dot inlays. I wouldn't let that keep me from buying it if it played nice though...
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Yeah it has the custom shop logo on the back.
      I'll discuss it with my L.P.guru today and get a fair market value type price.
      Thanks Bengal.

Comment

I forgot to say the neck should be mahogany as well. I would buy it for $800 if it was in good shape. LP's with Kahlers are cool...
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
          Does it have a Custom Shop sticker on the back of the headstock?

Strange, I thought these began production in 1984. But no, they have a mahogany back and a maple top. They are a bit rare but the LP dudes will always shun it because of the dot inlays. I wouldn't let that keep me from buying it if it played nice though...
          lp dudes tend to shun them because of the kahlers, too. that being said, $800 is still a great price, if its a good player.

As far as real "collectibility"? I wouldnt say so much, its a norlin w/ a kahler. That wouldnt stop me from buying it, tho. Ive got a norlin (78) and its one of my best playing guitars.
          Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

I have had some great Norlin era studios.1. an 83 in TV yellow ebony board and dots.2.83 studio with a kahler and Shaw pickups beat to hell and back but a solid player.
            This one has the full binding package.the TSB is very nice.Nice top too.
            My resident L.P.expert confirmed mahogony body and neck, ebony board,pearl dots.He did say the Kahler will bring it down in value and they tend not to bring much more than $650.00
            Its a beautiful guitar in my book I think I'll get it anyway.
            One thing all the other 83 studios had the neck volute and this does not.Maybe a custom shop thing.

Comment

Working...
            X