Any OLP Guitar guys out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any OLP Guitar guys out there?

My local pawnshop has what I think is an MM1. It has a pretty nice feel. They have it at $95. No case. Made in China but it seems pretty soild.
    Last edited by fett; 05-14-2007, 02:28 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

A buddy of mine bought one, slapped some Sperzel locking tuners and DiMarzio pickups in it, and ended up with a great guitar. Another friend of his bought a few after being very impressed with the first one he tried. The neck profile felt weird to me after playing Jacksons for so long, but the quality seemed quite good.
    sigpic

Comment

95..? don't ask.. GET IT

Comment

As far as cheap imports go, those are some of the best ones I've seen. I played the Axis one for a bit and for what it was, it was a nice guitar...
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

got the 12 sting version a couple weeks ago, plays quite well, nice finish too, for 150 ya cant beat it

Last edited by FusionFarmer; 05-14-2007, 04:19 PM.
          I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

You know damn well, I wouldn't pass up a $95 guitar . I did buy it. It's that maple Wolfgang photoflame. A few nicks. But, the neck is cool. Here's what I still don't get. This guitar was played. But, the action was way high and the pups too low. It was not intonated well. So, all I can say is the previous player left all kinds of chips on the table. New strings and a little screwing around has made it way better than when I first plugged it in. I'll let it sit awhile and fine tune it tomorrow.
            Last edited by fett; 05-14-2007, 04:35 PM.

Comment

i thought about getting an OLP steve lukather model....anyone ever played one?

Comment

I've got a Petrucci model. Great neck, nice finish, horrible setup/craftsmanship (tuners installed backwards, asymetrical routing, etc.)

Comment

Fett, good buy! I had one and loved it, but it didn't get played. I ended up trading it to my brother to get my Strat back. It will kick an Epi's ass

Comment

I have done the floyd mod on several MM1s and have had great results.Solid guitars with a great neck and pretty good pickups too.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I just checked out their website, and the MM1 comes with an OFR now. Nice move by OLP!

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                        You know damn well, I wouldn't pass up a $95 guitar . I did buy it. It's that maple Wolfgang photoflame.
                        A Wolfgang is a Peavey and a totally different shape. Yours would be the Axis shape based on his original Ernie Ball Musicman guitar.

Cool score, though!
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          A Wolfgang is a Peavey and a totally different shape. Yours would be the Axis shape based on his original Ernie Ball Musicman guitar.

Cool score, though!
                          +1 Toe
                          1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Working...
                            X