Another Demon in the works!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Demon in the works!

Yep, another Warmoth/Mojo axe, and to top it all off, this is Dennys' #666 body!
    Sorry, no trem yet, waiting for an OFR (which I ordered 4 fucking weeks ago)
    Anyway, specs are natural oiled alder Mojo body, lightly stained and oiled birdseye maple Warmoth neck, EMG 81 bridge, 89 neck, Schaller mini tuners, and (soon I hope) black OFR. Of course Budman covers, and custom engraved neck plate (which I haven't received yet).

Right now, my two favorite axes are my other Demon, and my N4, so this one is kind of a mix between the two.

My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Looks cool. Can't wait to see the finished project.

Comment

Looks damn good.
      I like your choice in parts and layout.
      Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
      Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

that looks awesome! i need to do one of these
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Awesome once again Mark !!!

Comment

Mark, that is a classy looking guitar, can't wait to see the finished product!

Comment

Classy looking but with the name Demon needs to look evil , like black with red bevels. LoL then again I'm not one to talk seeing how flamboyant mine is. :ROTF:

Horns are pointer and longer on yours, Top horn on mine goes roughly to the 14th/15 fret and bottom horn goes to the 13th. Just an observation. The fret access seems to be better on your version.

Comment

A killer guitar, but what about the access to the higher frets?
                Light Lies Trailer
                www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQC1CvcNQ6g

Six-Point Lead
                www.youtube.com/sixpointlead

www.myspace.com/sixpointlead

Comment

Man thats cool! And ill bet you wont have $3300 into it when your done?
                  Great project!

Comment

all I can say is...wow

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                      A killer guitar, but what about the access to the higher frets?
                      Like I mentioned it looks to have abit better fret access then mine. Although this version is 22 frets. Mine is 24 frets and it is alittle tough to hit the 23 and 24th frets because the cut isnt as wide looking as what Mark has done with his.
                      heres a comparison pic

Since the CS price jump it's not very affordable to get one made, so if you have the skills why not build your own!. Which is exactly what we are seeing.

I'd love to see an archtop Demon I think that could look really cool.

Comment

I'm sorta "on the fence" with that body style, but I'm always so amazed by your skills and craftsmanship, I'm really looking forward to following the progress of this project.

Comment

Thanks guys! Actually though, the credit needs to go to the guys that made the parts, as I just finish and assemble.
                          Fuck the custom shop, when I'm done with this I'll have right at 1K in it. For the price of CS axes I can build three of these and have money left over for beer.......and nothing can replace the value of extra beer money!
                          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I really dig the way the body is finished (is it at all?). Is it just oiled?
                            I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Can't wait to see it done, looks great!

Comment

Working...
                              X