Rich Lasner era Yamaha Pacifica 1412

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zoner View Post
    I had a 1421 which is a slightly plainer version of that guitar. I really dug it but could never, ever find a trem arm for it. If I saw a 1412 for sale I'd be jumping all over it - and probably having to do some hand-to-hand combat to get there. Z
    If it's in the Twin Cities, you'll be taking me on for it!! Ready Ninja? Prepare for a skull crushing with my BRICK-LIKE FISTS!! :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by LexLuthier View Post
      At least this one has the arm. I bet Budman could make one...
      So where is this one anyway? Where did you get those pics? Inquiring minds, you know?

Comment

It's my brothers guitar. I took the pix while setting it up for him. He bought it up in northern MN.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
          I found a yellow 1221 exactly like the one I had last night, but I can't remember where (it wasn't close), and it looked pretty neglected. He wanted 6 bills for it too, so I dunno. I may have to see if he's looking for any kinds of trades on it.

Here's a Blus Saraceno Yamaha on eBay in decent condition - the price REALLY jumped up over night!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...1323&rd=1&rd=1

Something fishy with that..zero feedback bidder thats been on for more than a month and no wins placing three bids over 400.00? Thats presently overpriced for the condition IMO. I'm fairly certain I've seen those same models for under 300.
          Last edited by charvelguy; 05-27-2007, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LexLuthier View Post
            At least this one has the arm. I bet Budman could make one...
            Ask him if he wants an EC-1000 and a Star Mutt for it...

Comment

I've had a shitload of Yamaha's over the years, and yeah, they're VERY under-rated. Up until '89, the RGX's were 24 3/4 scale, with the 1200 series being neck thru. In early '89 Yamaha redesigned the RGX's and made them 25 1/2 scale. The RGX shortly after turned into the RGZ model. I also have a black Pac 1421. I'd put 'em up against Jacksons any day. They're the reason I'll never need to buy a Soloist, they're that good. If only they'd put out a V or explorer.
              I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

It seems like Leverty has parted ways with Yamaha after all these years, he exclusively endorses a company called GREM now. www.gremusa.com

He´s also apparently stopped using his old Rivera heads... it´s Randall MTS in the studio and Framus Cobra live.

Comment

Yeah, Bill goes through the gear - at least on the amp side. I new he had the Framus thing going on, and saw that he's a Randall guy as well, but every time I've seen him, he's playing through a wall of JCM 900's. Probably just using them as slaves though. He was a big Rocktron guy for a bit as well. He's always had GREAT tone though, both wet and dry.

I was very surprised to see him leave Yamaha, but it sounds like he has a good deal with Grem, and they seem to be good quality cutom axes if you check out the website. I was impressed. I'm not CRAZY about the design, but the construction is top notch. I imagine Yamaha is probably a little thin on endorsements cash as they seem to have relatively little exposure here in the States. Going with a small custom builder was probably a good move, but unfortunately, I think it puts having a Bill Leverty model guitar out of my reach. (Not that many would care about that...) :ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                  X