Rich Lasner era Yamaha Pacifica 1412

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just won this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0262&rd=1&rd=1

Perfect configuration - simple trem, locking tuners, decent p'ups, and looks good!

Comment

Sweet.The chambered bodied 1412 I had was supposed to have been one of Bill Leverty's guitars but I could never get solid proof.The bill of sale was from an L.A guitar shop I don't recall which.The guy I got it from lived in L.A. in the early 90s them moved to Novato Ca.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Any comments on the medium range RGX´s? I just stumbled across a RGX421 for peanut money... it looks pretty sweet with the sunburst body and the maple fretboard, and I´ve been on the lookout for something with a neck humbucker. The Floyd looks just like a JT580LP, and is probably about the same quality as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave L View Post
          Any comments on the medium range RGX´s? I just stumbled across a RGX421 for peanut money... it looks pretty sweet with the sunburst body and the maple fretboard, and I´ve been on the lookout for something with a neck humbucker. The Floyd looks just like a JT580LP, and is probably about the same quality as well.
          They're strikingly similar to Pacificas as far as fit, finish, and playability from my limited experience with them. They just seemed a little more "modern", or built for hard rock than the Pacifica, even though they are essentially the same. If the price was right, I wouldn't hesitate. I'm not a big trem guy, so as long as it's stable (stays in tune with minimal use), and as long as the p'ups sound alright, I'd go for it. I'm kinda keeping my eyes peeled for those as well, but you don't see many around here.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
            Sweet.The chambered bodied 1412 I had was supposed to have been one of Bill Leverty's guitars but I could never get solid proof.The bill of sale was from an L.A guitar shop I don't recall which.The guy I got it from lived in L.A. in the early 90s them moved to Novato Ca.
            Lucky bastard... I've never personally seen him with any arch-tops, but he wasn't the MOST photgraphed guitar player out there... I've seen him with a number of 1221's, and his flametop custom he played for YEARS, but now he's playing Grem guitars. They seem to be of great quality, but I like the look of his Pacifica's a LOT better.

Wasn't Firehouse form the Carolina's originally? They fell into the LA scene right at the tail end, but it seems to me they weren't from there.

Comment

According to Wikipedia, Firehouse hails from Charlotte, NC.

Here´s a pic of that RGX I´m eyeing...

Comment

My first guitar was a Yamaha 120SD. They don't make it anymore, but I can speak for the high quality of it. Being my first, it was dropped, dented, scuffed, and generally tortured with poor playing technique and it never had a problem for over five years. If I was in the market for a new guitar, I'd definitely check out Yamaha again.
                Scott

Comment

I think firehouse was from N.C.IIRC.Not my fav band but always had great hook lines and tone.B.L is a very talented guitarist.
                  The RGX above looks killer with the maple board.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Yeah, it´s the first time I´ve seen one of these for sale... I have the old catalogue from when they came out in the archives somewhere, and I always thought they looked cool. I gotta go dig it out and look at the specs...

Comment

SC is where they were from I think. I did a few shows with them back in the mid nineties. They were fun guys and sounded great every night. Bill (I think that was his name) the guitarist was really cool. We had a lee jackson head and he was really stoked to play through it for a few minutes after load in one afternoon.

His Yamaha guitars played amazing. I remember the necks were so thin but also that the fretwork was prefect. He said that they pretty much came right from the factory that way.

Comment

Nice RGX, Dave - go for it!! The pickups and trem in those are actually not too bad - better than most at the pricepoint they are usually at. That's the model I'm always keeping an eye out for.

Comment

Nice guitar. I have been looking for one for a while now. I have seen a few go for 600-800 on ebay.
                          Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

I found a yellow 1221 exactly like the one I had last night, but I can't remember where (it wasn't close), and it looked pretty neglected. He wanted 6 bills for it too, so I dunno. I may have to see if he's looking for any kinds of trades on it.

Here's a Blus Saraceno Yamaha on eBay in decent condition - the price REALLY jumped up over night!!

Last edited by chrisolson; 05-24-2007, 07:37 AM.

Comment

I had a 1421 which is a slightly plainer version of that guitar. I really dug it but could never, ever find a trem arm for it. If I saw a 1412 for sale I'd be jumping all over it - and probably having to do some hand-to-hand combat to get there. Z

Comment

At least this one has the arm. I bet Budman could make one...

Comment

Working...
                                X