No announcement yet.

Who said you couldn't shred on a Gibby?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt sold his gibson's to play made in China Dean guitars.
    http://bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=5076968905 <--My Band

Comment

I was pretty floored by how smoothly Doug Aldrich moves up to the high frets on his LP´s when I saw that new-ish Whitesnake DVD the other day, you can tell how well his technique is adapted to the crappy access. I sure as heck couldn´t do it like that on a LP... even if I by some off-chance could do it on a Soloist! I guess that´s a big part of the myth, if there even is such a myth, that you can´t shred on a LP... cumbersome top-fret access.

Comment

I can hit the top frets on my Les Paul without a problem. It's much easier than on my Charvel Star.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

"Who said you couldn't shred on a Gibby?"

You got me...OK, I give, who said it?

Comment

Originally posted by thebisch View Post
            "Who said you couldn't shred on a Gibby?"

You got me...OK, I give, who said it?
            Ooooooooooooh, I dunno. Him.... her..... us... them. I've heard it said numerous times including on this forum. I also agree that the LP doesn't lend itself to shredding but it's cool to watch someone tear it up on one.
            My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Great shredding, but I'd have to agree with some of the comments - no "feel" to his playing. Impressive, but soul-less. It's a song that can't sing.

Comment

LPC is certainly not the typical shredders guitar.

There... I said it.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  I can hit the top frets on my Les Paul without a problem. It's much easier than on my Charvel Star.
                  +1

Comment

I love my LP customs- no problem on the upper frets for me, either. It's just a different 'grip' than you use on a Jackson. A LP standard was my second guitar ever....like, uh, 20 or 30 years ago- so maybe I'm just more used to it....

Comment

Allow me to intoduce Todd Duane:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

some brief clips....

Steve E

Comment

Todd used to play a tele through an old bassman quite a bit onstage too.
                        I haven't seen him in many years (probably 10) but he struck me as kinda being into the old vintage vibe meets new world shred-like lynch has been too.

Comment

Our very own Pat Leukens (sp?), who is a younger member of this board, has posted many clips of himself shredding on a Gibson Firebird.

Can't remember his handle, though...

EDIT: his handle here and on youtube is guitar08man.

Last edited by QuantumRider; 05-22-2007, 12:29 AM.
                          Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy View Post
                            Todd used to play a tele through an old bassman quite a bit onstage too.
                            I haven't seen him in many years (probably 10) but he struck me as kinda being into the old vintage vibe meets new world shred-like lynch has been too.

He's discovered Wizard amps and proclaims them the Holy Grail

Smoooooking player.

Steve E

Comment

I must buy one of these!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55qqV...related&search=

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Why does it specifically have to be on a Les Paul, look at the top acces on these...

If you play either one of these gibsons you'll find that there's no restriction whatsoever to the top frets on those.

Comment

Working...
                                X