No announcement yet.

Who said you couldn't shred on a Gibby?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My FIRST guitar was a Crestwood ES-335 copy....you can get those howling Nugent feedback tones, too! I still like the LPs better-

Comment

I just watched some dude play a bunch of Iron Maiden tunes on youtube on a Les Paul. Great tone and playing. Lots of metal shredders on the tube playing gibsons.
      Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy View Post
        Todd used to play a tele through an old bassman quite a bit onstage too.
        I haven't seen him in many years (probably 10) but he struck me as kinda being into the old vintage vibe meets new world shred-like lynch has been too.
        I always saw him using a Tone Master with his tele - he had a Dimarzio FastTrack in the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by speed monkey View Post
          Allow me to intoduce Todd Duane:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

some brief clips....

Steve E
          Todd's a friend of mine. Monster player. No matter what he plays through, he always sounds like Todd. He plays in a local cover band and has for a number of years.

He's a big-time gear flipper. He was recently touting Diezels. When I first met him, he had been using the Fender Tone Master, then he playe SLO's for quite a while, then rack stuff. After that he went through a bunch of boutique stuff - Matchless, Bad Cat, etc., then Diezel, and now it seems it Wizard. It'll change though - Todd's always on a tone quest, but he always sounds the same to me.

He recorded one of his cd's using my old POD - he was using it dubbed in with his SLO in an isolation cab.
          Last edited by chrisolson; 05-22-2007, 01:20 PM.

Comment

i hate this guy hes good, but he screws up all the songs he plays, he adds his damn little licks of his that just ruin the song. check his cover of crazy train and sweet child o' mine
            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I love cranking a great Es Series up, Just a fat tone and a neck for days
              I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

I'd still like to find an old Byrdland like Nugent's that's in decent player shape that I can afford....Yeah, like THAT'S ever gonna happen....

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                  Todd's a friend of mine. Monster player. No matter what he plays through, he always sounds like Todd. He plays in a local cover band and has for a number of years.

He's a big-time gear flipper. He was recently touting Diezels. When I first met him, he had been using the Fender Tone Master, then he playe SLO's for quite a while, then rack stuff. After that he went through a bunch of boutique stuff - Matchless, Bad Cat, etc., then Diezel, and now it seems it Wizard. It'll change though - Todd's always on a tone quest, but he always sounds the same to me.

He recorded one of his cd's using my old POD - he was using it dubbed in with his SLO in an isolation cab.

I now own the Elmwood Modena he was playing in those clips I've been accused, rightfully so.., of being an amp whore - and there is something special about this amp. I see why he flipped over it. If you can hook me up with his email I would appreciate it, I've got a some questions about this amp and how he set it up., p.m. me if possible. I just got it but so far so good.

Thanks ~
                  Steve E

Comment

Originally posted by speed monkey View Post
                    I now own the Elmwood Modena he was playing in those clips I've been accused, rightfully so.., of being an amp whore - and there is something special about this amp. I see why he flipped over it. If you can hook me up with his email I would appreciate it, I've got a some questions about this amp and how he set it up., p.m. me if possible. I just got it but so far so good.

Thanks ~
                    Steve E
                    PM sent.

Comment

I was gonna say pretty much the same, but then I stopped as I'm a gear whore too. I have to say, he is one of the more fortunate local guys as he has stayed in Touched and other projects so they can make a decent living. I haven't seen much of Loven as of late tho.

I also thought he was big into Diezels as well.. just not to long ago.
                      He sold his Mark2c's, his modded Marshall, bunch of stuff over the past year, but yeah, he still will sound like him regardless of what he plays through.

The Elmwood sounded good tho.
                      Last edited by charvelguy; 05-23-2007, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Looks like he's using a Behringer Vamp pro sitting on top of the TV behind him. It's in a couple of his other vids too.

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                        Man what thin tone..... I wonder what amp he was using.
                        1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Working...
                        X