X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some news for you Suhr fans

New Suhr 24-Fret Model in the Works

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I've finally convinced John to get started working on the Suhr 24-fret shred/metal machine. This won't just be a Standard with 2 extra frets. The body will be completely re-designed with slightly longer horns (but not too sharp or pointy) and a new plate-less easy-access heel. And yes, a version of this 24-fretter will probably end up being the "official" GG model in the future based on his Mahogany-body Standard (and/or the Basswood/Maple Root Beer Standard) - with or without the Floyd. Guthrie had mentioned that he sometimes misses those 2 extra frets himself and it also seems that he's open to experimenting with the Floyd as well. Ah, now this is exciting!

Hopefully, we'll see the first version (the Suhr 10th Anniversary Limited Edition) in the second-half of this year. We've got some crazy chevron quilted maple tops for this. The normal Custom versions (including the GG Sig) and the Pro Series version should be ready to roll by NAMM. We're planning to triple the size of our booth for the next NAMM. We should have a lot of cool new stuff to show but the 24-fretter and a few versions of GG Sig model shall certainly be a highlight. And I can easily envision Guthrie tearing it up with one at Tone Merchants during NAMM week. A lot to look forward to! And after this for second-half of 2008, the set-neck 24.75" scale single-cut model and a bolt-on 24.75" scale.

Another artist who's going to love the 24-fretter is Rob Marcello. There have been many metal bands and artists that have been enquiring about it, too, so we're looking forward to providing the axes these extreme players need. If you guys who are interested in this have any suggestions, let us know and post 'em here. We can't guarantee that we can incorporate every feature you ask for, but we'll consider every one of 'em and see what makes sense. Please understand that we have to keep manufacturing in mind in regards to tooling, CNC programming time, etc. and that we need to be practical in regards to volume, ease of production and costs involved.

Suhr Guitars & Amps
    Marketing, Sales & Customer Service

Yeah, I´m really looking forward to seeing the Pro version of it. Too bad they apparently won´t be ready until winter NAMM, though, I was hoping they´d roll them out at summer NAMM. A Suhr Pro, either one of the 22-fretters or one of these new 24´s, is definitely my next "big" purchase.

Comment

Depending upon the crowd you are going for from a marketing stanpoint especially with a 24 fretter I would redesign the headstock that you currently have - maybe not a pointy but something more modern - not so vintage.
      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Wait, Sukisyn isn´t Ed Yoon, is he? I figured it was copied from a newsletter or something, hence the signature at the bottom.

Comment

I just checked out the Suhr forum for the first time... the "roadmap" of potentially upcoming products Ed posted a good while back looks pretty intense, even though the timeline is seriously shot already:

January, 2006

18 and 30 watt heads and combos (first Suhr branded amps)
          Backplate SSC System (retrofit systems for non-Suhr guitars)
          50 and 100 watt single-channel heads (maybe - more like first quarter of '06)
          24.75" scale bolt-on (Limited Edition)
          New full line of cabs with Suhr logo

By Mid-2006

24-fret Standard (including Greg Howe Sig Model)
          Pro Series guitars (no-option set-spec production guitars - same quality but not custom)
          Overdrive and distortion pedals

Second-half of 2006 or January 2007

24.75" scale set-neck single-cut
          3~4 channel "monster" 100w head with MIDI option
          New 4-channel preamp based on the 3+SE
          50-watt 2-channel head and combos
          5-string J-Bass

2007 and Beyond

Mo' pedals
          Archtop hollow-body
          MIDI preamp (all-analog signal path, no signal degradation whatsoever)
          Dumble-style amp
          Modeling amp (gasp!)
          Flat-top acoustic
          Modern bass
          Bass amplifiers (solid-state and/or tube-based)

It looks like they really want to go full throttle on the amps the next couple of years! An updated 3+SE could probably be a success for them, even though I suspect all the amp gear is gonna be plenty expensive. But apart from a Pro guitar or two I could definitely see myself checking out the pedals they´re planning.

Comment

Hi Ed,

Is there any hope of getting Suhr, factory installed Kahler systems? Thanks.

Comment

oops ... I guess I should have stated that I got this info from another location. you can ask Ed or give him suggestions at this link...

Going through the thread there it looks like they plan on keeping the headstock the same, Shredmonster...
              Last edited by Sukisyn; 05-22-2007, 11:47 PM.

Comment

LOL, I thought the post count was high. But he goes by Alex Khan on TGP, so you never know. I'll get ahold of him.

Comment

Working...
                X