Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minarik guitars?

anyone else try /own any of these?

I had a Diablo import model I gave to my son (photo's at my sig link), I felt it was very good quality parts/build for the price ( I paid $440 new w/case shipped).

I just picked up one of these and am waiting of it to get shipped here, for $300 + shipping. I am hoping the quality is the same as the first year models.

I know that the looks isn't for everyone, but was just wondering if anyone elese has tried them and what they thought.

thanks

I haven't played one but I've loved the Inferno since I first saw it and I've heard good things about Minariks in general.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I played an import. Not bad in terms of fit, finish, and playability.

Minarik himself, on the other hand is a complete douchebag. If you read all his press about himself he talks about some outlandish custom BCRs that he "designed". Spec'ing stuff and designing a guitar are 2 different things. I must be a guitar designer because I used the Guitar Generator. The way he writes his PR crap, he tries to make it seem like he was a BCR guitar designer.

Minarik was saying something about BCRs and the Bich that weren't 100% correct on the BCR forum years ago. Neal Moser corrected him, he called Neal a liar, you're not Neal, etc. Minarik was also using 2 user names and posting questions and responding with his other user name. He got called on all of this. He was telling Neal he didn't design the Bich and that Neal was pissing on Bernie's grave. One of the MCS forum members (Ronz, I think) got into an argument with him and said, let's see how tough you are at NAMM. Ronz approached him at NAMM and Minarik literally hid behind one of his lawyers.

He also tried to get another MCS forum member (this was before MCS was in existence) who was going to present some of his shapes to BCR for consideration to withdraw because Minarik said he had big contacts w/big money, etc. Turns out Minarik was trying to get HIS stuff in front of BCR.

Sad little man.
      Last edited by Venomboy; 05-22-2007, 06:09 PM.

Comment

interesting stuff on the personal issues. Probably not the first person to "fluff up" his resume, so to speak. Still a lie is a lie.

I thought I saw Moser listed as doing some of Minarik's custom shop stuff (on thir website last year), maybe it was someone else (as it's no longer there).

Anyway thanks for the headsup, I did exchange a couple e-mails with his dad a few years back , when I picked up the Diablo. He seemed genuine with his answers and info, excpet he wouldn't tell me where the Imports where being made ( they had no markings, that I could find).
        I see now the Imports ahve China on them, so the question has been answered..LOL.

Comment

I have an Inferno, a Goddess, and a Lotus in Orange Burst (that is really more of an awesome looking amber in person). A friend has a Diablo and the same Lotus in Ocean burst as yours.
          (I know the local Minarik distributor in case you guys are wondering!).

The lotus is definitely of equal/high quality of the others in the line-up. My friend rates the lotus as better playing/sounding than his diablo.

As an aside, when I played my Inferno quite a while back at our local bar weekend gig, one of the patrons made a point to specifically mention to me that of all the years he's been hanging out at that particular bar (and thereby seeing lots & lots of bands), the Inferno was one of the best sounding guitars he's ever heard. It is a little 'big and out there' looking, so I don't play it much.

Comment

I believe Moonstone makes the Minidik custom stuff. There's no way in hell Neal would let him touch an MCS guitar unless he paid money for it.

Comment

Working...
            X