Ibanez 540pII 2006 prototype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez 540pII 2006 prototype

I was doing a google Image search for to show my friend an 540s LTD and stumbled across this thread at Jemsite with pics of an awesome 540PII neckthru prototype for 2006/2007.

more info and larger pics here-

Turns out if you read thru the thread Hoshino gakki did not like the idea at all.
    Wow I cant beleive it. Even though I sold the one I had recently If they were to put out a new nice quality neckthru version and had some decent color options, I wouldnt think twice about buying one.

boo for corporate decisions.

i hate that inlay. regular sharks look best. not that stupid half mountain half wood inlay

Comment

Well, I´m not a fan of the 540PII, or Ibanez in general for that matter, but it seems to me that was a bad call from their side. I mean, the old ones are highly sought after as far as I know, and Ibanez did put out a few other "extreme" shapes this year.

Comment

Ibanez need to get on the fuckin' ball and listen to the customers and what they want. If any of you guys are on the Ibanez forum you'd know what I mean.
        I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by cdwillis View Post
          Ibanez need to get on the fuckin' ball and listen to the customers and what they want. If any of you guys are on the Ibanez forum you'd know what I mean.
          Nope, we're on the Jackson forum and still know what you mean.
          My Toys:
          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
          '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
          '94 Dinky HX in Black
          '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Originally posted by cdwillis View Post
            Could you paraphrase what the forum wants Ibanez to put out? For example, here on the JCF we talked about maple boards for years before the DK2M turned up. It´d be interesting to see how the company and the fans think differently about what would sell or not.

Comment

One thing I know the Ibanez fans are screaming for is COLOR! Enough black and variants of black. Seems like that's all this company offers...

More maple boarded Ibanezs would be cool too...

But what fans really, really want is the LACS to take orders from the public...
              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I figured color would be on top of their wish list... I know it´s one of the things (albeit a number of things) that has kept me from taking a serious look at Ibanez. Black, dark metallic, dark blue, dark grey... boring as heck, if you ask me. It´s kinda strange when you look at the guitars they broke thru with.

Comment

Yeah its the old " Businessmen and marketing making the decisions thinking they know what their fans want" syndrome.

I see this 1st hand working in the video game industry, They dont listen(much) to the gamers/employees who are passionate and intouch with what makes a good game or what could improve the product. They just think if they do things a certain way ( which is always play it safe and not push the boundries of creativity) that the sales will come in. So most studios are jumping on the bandwagon copying the "flavor of the month/year hit title"

We are told that by keeping a game "teen" rated it will sell more copies. I dont totally agree with that. Sure there is a bigger market, but the amount of adult gamers is huge these days. If you just put out a quality product the word of mouth and sales will be there( or so I'd like to think). Rather then tying yourself to a specific rating and limiting content and theme.

But you could say this about about alot of businesses and industries. Hollywood being the prime example.

Comment

Working...
                  X