Washburn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washburn

How many people here own Washburns? I've see an couple topics about them lately, but they don't come up too often. Personally, I love my Dime 2ST, and think it plays and sounds as nice any RR3. It also kicks the Dean Razorback to Pluto and back. I also like their Idol series guitars. Most of the ones I have played are great feeling and looking guitars. Kinda ashame I think a lot of their cheaper crap has hurt their reputation, as almost everyone of their guitars over about $400 I've played have been nice instruments; well built, they sound good, feel nice, and have a lot of attention to detail.

I have an EC-36 that's a pretty solid guitar and previously owned an RR-150 that I picked up when MF was blowing them out about 10 years back, also a nice guitar ... very nice for a Korean axe of that vintage. On the acoustic side I had a Washburn EA-36 (the birdseye Festival series acoustic that Robert Plant pimped for a while) that was a pretty good electric acoustic but fell a bit short IMHO as a pure acoustic, nice player and a great great look though. Then I had some sort of 80s Washburn that was an absolute turd, G-something-10 or some such, one of the worst guitars I've ever owned.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I own a x50 that I put a set of emgs in and it is one of my favorite guitars right after my charvel model 6.

Comment

I got a CS780. That's the guitar Emppu from Nightwish played for many many years..

Thinline maple body, h/s/h, black sparkle finish, gold hardware, push/pull coil tapp, 24 frets, sharkfins.. I love it. A quality instrument all around.

I love the shape of the body.. it's like a pointy S-series..

"I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I have a 1980? A10V. Bought used for about $300 or so. I still have it today and I've always felt it sounded and played pretty well.

Comment

I picked up a black '91 N2 about a year ago. Very solid guitar. The neck reminds me of my Model series Charvels.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

I have a couple of N4's and an N8 and I love them all. In fact, out of all my guitars I love my N4's the most! Of course my Y2KV is a close second...

Comment

I have a handful, an N4, a few force series, a classical. a couple AV-20's and V's. Most are very nice players.
                My old Washburn V that I have a particular fondness for is simply a great axe that rivals or exceeds anything Gibson can/has produced.
                Last edited by charvelguy; 05-26-2007, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Every upper end Korean Washburn I have played was very nice. Every bit as good as Japanese in my experience. The Dime Vs and St pros had a really cool v neck and diamond volute.

Comment

I have 16 Washburns at the moment. The US made ones are great............

Comment

I own a 1992 N4. Love it. May have to replace the Schaller bridge soon though, as the little screw holes for the screws that hold the saddles in place for intonation are stripping out. And I've only adjusted the intonation a few times in the last 10 years, so I don't know. Any fixes for this besides a new bridge? Anyone? I may just put a Floyd original on it this time, but new bridges are so expensive.

Comment

Also wanted to add that the slab of ebony they use for the fingerboard on the N4's is one generous slab of wood! Real thick. Hard to compare to the thickness on my DK-1 , though, as the binding goes all around the fingerboard on a Jackson. Is a USA Jackson board as thick as the binding?

Comment

I got a WG-587 (7 string)
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've got an Indonesian W1-24. It's an Islamic guitar
                            I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

my hm20v
                              subscribe to my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/deathmetal44
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P-TymW-84g
                              www.soundclick.com/gothmetalshredder

Comment

Working...
                              X