Seems fishy to me............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems fishy to me............

One of my recent ebay buyers has one of these "Gibsons" and told me about this site: http://www.mymusia.com/index.php

Made in the same factory as the Chinese Epi's. How can this be, given Gibson's hard-nosed reputation?
    My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Umm for $300 and change including shipping ...... anyone wanna take a chance on this one?

I'll donate $10 via paypal for a review

Damn!!! Don't know if these pics are real or photochopped. But dammn do these Gibsun's look good. For $300 I'll hang it up on my wall.

Must resist temptation!!!

Comment

What the shit? How can that be legit at those prices? If someone here buys one and confirms it's all good, I'm totally down for a new geetar from China!
      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

you guys are kidding right?

those look like real Gibsuns to me
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Obviously it's not legit.

But common, for $300 and change I would mind trying one out .... on the wall

Comment

Hey, the Jems look sweet too!

Comment

woohoo!! I can get me a Boneyard for $230

Comment

Ya know, that "U" went right past me. Still......... The guy said that it's basically like the Epi's: all-around solid guitar except for the hardware and electronics.

Comment

The Chinese are known to make knock-offs, and yes, it has been discussed here before about them being like Epis. And as far as the logo, regular USA Gibsons do have the space in their logo as well.

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Man, I never really noticed. Behold, my powers of observation!

Comment

Hell, the way Gibson has been going lately those fakes are probably a much better purchase for the money.
                      My Toys:
                      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                      '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                      '94 Dinky HX in Black
                      '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
                        Hell, the way Gibson has been going lately those fakes are probably a much better purchase for the money.
                        ouch. it's sad that mismanagement of a company can cause this kind of customer emnity and continue unabated.
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Inlays are wrong.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

We all know and joke about these Chinese "knock-offs" , but are there any manufacturers over there that are turning out real quality stuff? The potential is definitely there. If not now, in a few years time there's going to be guitars rivalling the best of any of the other mainstream brands coming from China.
                            Ten bucks says that some of them will be Gibson "USA"...

Comment

Originally posted by Burn View Post
                              Hey, the Jems look sweet too!
                              +1 i must resist....
                              Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                              Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Working...
                              X