tokai any good???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tokai any good???

been looking at some tokai l/p's on ebay.... any body got ant views??
    yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

If their LP copies are as good as their strat copies, I would grab one if the price was decent.
    -Rick

Comment

speed monkey started a long thread on Tokai's in this section. iirc, the search function turned it up.

edit: here you go...

Last edited by SeventhSon; 05-30-2007, 07:02 PM.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

I have been gasing for one of their PRS copies

Comment

The PRS and LP copies are pretty good, though some are better than that (I've had 2 of each). The "Reborn" LP copies are very nice indeed and worth seeking out. Those are very nice instruments. The Love Rocks are generally adequate to better than adequate as well, on a par with the majority of the current Edwards LP copies. In my opinion, you're far better off with a Heritage if you can get both for the same price.
          Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

their loverock lp copies are pretty good
            Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
            Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

New or old?

Tokai produced THE best Les Paul ever made..hands down; the Les Paul reborn from the 70's.

The new stuff look pretty good to me. Much better than epiphone junk. If anyone has a good connection from Japan, please let me know. I'll like to bring over 5-10 Tokai's and Edward guitars. For that matter, Edwards stuff looks good too.

The manufacturing precision of the guitars has looked to be pretty consitant to me. Most still use much thinner maple veneers, tho. On the upside, they have decent, consistant build quality, good fretword, no flubs. I think the wood quality is where they have typically lacked. That's where Gibson USED to have the edge. Those days are gone..long gone. Everybody is using the same marginal stock of mediocre wood now. I think most of the mahogony is coming from Asia for all, but I need to get verification of that. Central American mahogony is history (depleted and gone gone gone).

For the price, around $600-$800 Tokai (and Edwards) are a good gamble and a respectable choice.

Comment

Here's a pretty good site regarding japanese LPs...

The Greco's and Burny's (Fernandes) are really good too. And of course Orville's (official Gibson brand in Japan).

This article from Guitar magazine is linked from his site...

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Last edited by SeventhSon; 05-31-2007, 12:45 PM.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Working...
                X