No announcement yet.

Your first guitar from a "big" brand.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first Gibson was M-III model (24 fret, poplar body, maple neck, FR), my first Fender was American Deluxe Strat, my first Jackson was SL2H EDS. Never owned any other "big" brand, if not to count Ibanez for SR-505 bass that I own just for writing and/or recording bass lines and occational playing in fun projects.
    Because I don't say it
    Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

squier strat (MIJ) for $210 new. one pickup input jack on pickguard. Sold it to a friend at school. now they sell for $3-400.

Comment

My first guitar was an Ibanez GRX20

Sold it about a year later and got a Jackson RX10D .

Comment

1978 les paul standard. got it in 85, when i was 15, for $400, perfect condition. Not so perfect now, haha. but still plays/sounds great.
          Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Mine was an Ibanez. from the early 80's. Im not sure of the model but it was a superstrat (not rg shaped) with an edge trem, a pickguard, bound ebony board, and this horrible shade of silver that had turned green from the clearcoat fading. It was heavy as hell. I then had a yamaha, and then my HM strat which I still have today and is still my best sounding/playing guitar. It's pink! so it better play well.

Comment

First guitar was a real POS that was unplayable, but electric. Paid $35 for it and a Rheem solid state amp.

First playlabe guitar was an Ibanez DT-155 Destroyer II (bolt on phil collen type - black, bound, three pickups).

Then a Fender Stratocaster Gold Elite.
              When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

My actual first guitar wa a Sears catolog product cheapy thing with a sunburst finish. (still have it) I used that for a few years before the "big" one.

My first big name guitar was a Japanese Fender Stratocaster bought in the late 80's. Of all the guitars I've owned throughout the years, this is the only one I refuse to sell. It was a gift to me from my grandparents. I recall the day my grandfather took me to a local music store and asked me what guitar I liked the best. Not concerning myself with the 850.00 pricetag, I pointed out the strat, never thinking he would actually get it. Luckily, he knew the owner of the shop, so I am understanding he got a really sweet deal.

I've had some work done to it throughout the years. (IE: D'Marzio pickup installed, re-wired, new locking nut, etc.) Still plays great.

Is that enough info?
                "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

1975 cherry sunburst gibson Les Paul Deluxe that I bought used in 1979 from
                  E.U. wurlitzers in Boston when the used to be on the corner of Newbury and Mass Ave.
                  god I'd love to have that one back.
                  If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Charvel Model 3

Comment

Original Gibson Firebird - one pick up.
                      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

My first guitar was a 1968 Univox Custom. I guess my first real guitar was a 1986 Charvel 3A and I still have both of them.

Comment

I had a 70's double cut arch top washburn then a epiphone sg 400. both were rubbish and are now sold. then I got a 92 Patrick eggle Berlin pro. hand made Seymour Duncan pick ups sperzil tuners and pears in the side dots of the fret board.
                          no sig.....

Comment

My guitar was a no name $20 acoustic, followed by a St. Moritz electric. First major name guitar was a late 70's Ibanez AR300 - shouldn't have ever sold it.

Comment

76' Cherry Sunburst Les Paul Standard brand new, $750.

Comment

Jackson King V Std Professional Series. It was the victim of a failed repainting experiment and was replaced by an Ibanez S470. That neck was warping and the fretboard was lifting up so I sold it and got a Charvel Predator.
                                Scott

Comment

Working...
                                X