No announcement yet.

Your first guitar from a "big" brand.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine was a '87 or 8 Model 4 I flipped many McBurgers for...black with sharkies. I loved that thing. I sold it in '92 since I wasn't playing anymore. Next was a '98 Fender Strat Plus in sunburst. I still have that one and the herd has grown from there......

Comment

The first one I owned was a old BC Rich Platinum Strat. What a POS. The first good guitar I got was a black Ibanez RG560 in 1988 for X-Mas my freshman year in college.
      My gear
      87 Charvel Model 6
      86 Charvel Model 4
      93 Jackson RR EX
      93 Jackson Kelly STD
      88 Ibanez RG560
      99 Schecter Diamond C-7
      Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

My first name-brand guitar was a Fender Strat Plus Deluxe in metallic blue finish with a rosewood board. After growing tired of the Lace Sensors, I had some EMG SV's put in but I just grew tired of it.

My first Ibanez was a UV7P - the 7-string in the white finish. Not a bad guitar but I guess I'm just not a 7-string guy. To each his own.

I've owned 2 PRS's (still have my McCarty) and I have 2 Taylors. I'm also big on Don Grosh's guitars, but I don't know if that fits with your idea of a big name.

I've never owned a Gibson, Hamer, or Martin.
        Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Ibanez Xiphos

Actually I forgot......first big brand guitar for me was an ESP M-II, before that was a Cherry Sunburst Epi LP, and my first was a $99 black strat copy

Comment

my first real guitar was a jackson dk2
            If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

BC Rich USA Stealth, 1984.

Comment

jackson jdr-94, back in 1994 I modded the hell out of it and then traded it for a king v. I miss that guitar sometimes...
                I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

2004 SLSMG trans black flametop...I recently sold and I'm in a desperate search for a red flametop

Comment

My Jackson PS-4. I had very little experiences with guitars before I bought this one. My buddy/room mate had tried to teach me a while ago, but I actually took after the bass instead. He had a Charvel that I liked, so when I started looking to play play guitar, I wanted to get a Jackson or Charvel. I got lucky: I had to replace a tuning peg on my bass and the guy who had them in stock also had this Jackson on consignment. I picked it up a couple of weeks later.

Comment

My first real guitar was a flametop Iceman II I bought new. I think that was in 82. It was a real sweet guitar but like a dumbass I traded it for an BCR ST III. Real bad choice.
                      Just one more guitar!

Comment

squier fat strat, natch, then an epiphone sg, then some charvel models, a fender telecaster, another squier strat, then a USA strat and the a Jackson RR24

Comment

1965 Gibosn 335.

Comment

Hey Shredmonster Do You Still Have The Firebird 1?

Comment

85 Gibson Flying V
                              ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

'69 les paul black beauty - i got it from my dad in 1986
                                '67 gibson V - got it from dad in 1987

i started playing in 1985. those were my first "name" guitars. prior to that i had aria guitars....
                                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X