No announcement yet.

Your first guitar from a "big" brand.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late '70's Fender Strat, Red trans finish, black pickguard, maple neck.
    I can still remember how the case smelled... Funny.
    What a change that was from the old Tiesco!
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

My first guitar from a big name brand was a brand new "The SG" when they first came out. 1979? Then my 1981 Gibson Flying V which I still have.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

My first one was a 1966 Fender Jaguar. It was $75.:ROTF: Had to pay $40 for a bridge. I sold it years and years ago for $600. I didn't like the scale. Silly me. I should have kept it.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

485 profit?? nice man...so thats how u keepa ffording so many cheap guitars is it??

Comment

Fender Lead III, bought her in San Diego from a second rate music store in '86... her name was Shelly
            Fender Stratocaster Custom Shop Custom Classic
            Fender Stratocaster Eric Clapton sig
            Fender Telecaster Standard MM
            Jackson Dinky DKMGT
            Jackson Stealth EX
            Charvel 375
            Ibanez Daytripper
            OLP Musicman
            Carvin C250

Mesa 5:50 Express
            Sonic 4 x 12

Comment

My first guitar was a BC Rich Bronze series warlock...sold it to a buddy for $100 after i bought my Jackson JS30RR. Looked into getting a PRS SE custom, but found my WRMG for cheap.

Comment

My first brand name axe was a black 3 tite Ibanez with a big chrome locking trem. Didn't keep it that long.

My first Charvel was and still is my red 1982.

Comment

My first big brand guitar was a jackson ps4. I tried so many pickups on that and then sold it. My first guitar was a hohner flying v. Miss them both.

Comment

1986 Charvel Model 4, in black. It was my graduation present. Like an ass, I traded it in, around 1991. Recently, I was fortunate enough to redeem myself and snag one up from the our fellow forumite, nhspike (Spike got a deal on two fo them, and was kind enough to sell one over to me. Thanks Spike! ).
                    I am currently waiting on some parts from Dave at Frets On The Net, and will be finessing the finish a little, after all the parts come in.
                    Now, if only I could get my Model 6 back...........
                    I'm not Ron!

Comment

first guitar was an Ibanez GAX75 piece of shit, but i loved it

first USA guitar was a Jackson KV2.....which is still the best guitar ive ever played, ever

Comment

Working...
                      X