No announcement yet.

Help me spend $2170

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude, get a John Petrucci signature Musicman guitar fully loaded. I have one without the piezo pickup, and its perfect. Fast neck, great pickups, and its made for rock and metal. Make sure its not the cheap OLP one though.

Comment

Hamer monaco elite?

When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Get a pre-2004 JEM 7VWH.

Comment

Here is a great one...Jackson PC-1 in "Mocca"...although you can
          also get "Purple" Blue"..Amber".. and Red".. The Sustainer Pickup
          just makes it so much more than any other guitar out there.
          An amazing axe, well finished with a superb neck . $2000.00

Comment

I would opt for a decent guitar and a really good alarm system.

Comment

Does Matt still have that flamed PC-1 left?
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by 442w30 View Post
                Hamer monaco elite?

Yeah, get a Hamer! Or maybe a PRS.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Albertson View Post

Simple as this...problem solved!
                  Nah, that guitar would be worth $700-800 on the real market(eBay) the very next day after buying. To much money to toss away in one day.

I like a lot of Ibanez guitars but have never cared for the Jems, just too strange for me. I love the neck-thru RGT320QS for $1999 but it's worth about $1200 the very next day after spending $2170 out the door. A lot of the other Ibanez guitars I like are too inexpensive to fit the requirements here.

The GMP is cool but just not my bag.

That USA Dime From Hell is looking better and better.

Guess I need to go look at some Les Paul Supremes as someone said but wouldn't mind picking up a used Ace Frehley edition, that might be a good idea, good value, collectable.
                  Last edited by guitarzan2; 06-05-2007, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Not being funny here, but if you buy new, you'll take a bath on the used value of virtually any guitar....
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                      Not being funny here, but if you buy new, you'll take a bath on the used value of virtually any guitar....
                      Yeah I agree. That's why I was leaning towards a heavily discounted USA Dean. They are outragously expensive new but many dealers get stuck with them, having to by a few to keep their Dean line, and just want to get rid of them for cost.

I do like these flametop Gibson Explorer Pro's for $1100. Weird situation though when an $1100 guitar is just way too cheap. The Les Paul Supremes are around $4000 so way too expensive.

What do mint used Gibson Ace Frehley Les Paul's bring these days?
                      Last edited by guitarzan2; 06-05-2007, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Buy something you like and is nice to play. I think your overly concerned with the investment/collector part of it. But If you really wanna go that route Hell I'd buy a Jem 20th ( yeah I know its higher then your stated price range)and sit on it for a few years then auction that sucker off for more.

You could afford a couple Rg550 reissues and sit on those
                        Last edited by Mikernaut2; 06-05-2007, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Dude, there isn't a single new guitar you can buy for $2k that isn't going to drop in value. Why is that a goal at all? Why not get a guitar that you want to keep instead?
                          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

"What do mint used Gibson Ace Frehley Les Paul's bring these days?"

The word "mint" and "used" should not be used together. Near mint or excellent condition is about the best you can do on a '97 or '98 Frehley LP unless the original buyer bought the guitar strictly for investment purposes and not to play. Depending on "used" condition, I've seen them sell anywhere from about $2100 to $2700.
                            "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by guitarzan2 View Post
                              Yeah I agree. That's why I was leaning towards a heavily discounted USA Dean. They are outragously expensive new but many dealers get stuck with them, having to by a few to keep their Dean line, and just want to get rid of them for cost.

I do like these flametop Gibson Explorer Pro's for $1100. Weird situation though when an $1100 guitar is just way too cheap. The Les Paul Supremes are around $4000 so way too expensive.

What do mint used Gibson Ace Frehley Les Paul's bring these days?
                              The heavy discount is a good idea. You buy from a dealer. It's a clean deal with all the documentation.
                              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
                              X