So I Just Picked This Up for $300...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I Just Picked This Up for $300...

I jam with several guys that are on the Hamer board here in MN. I have been bringing all my Jacksons to the jams for several months - pretty funny considering most of the Hamers these days are all the vintage stuff and there I am shredding on my Jacksons.

Anyway I have been looking for something Hamerish that was reasonably priced just to bring to the Jam once in a while. I don't like vintage guitar models (by anybody). Not a fan of Californians or Chapparelles because they have medium frets usually not Jumbo and the nuts are 1-5/8" and I prefer 1-11/16" cause I have long fingers. So I feel comfortable with big wide necks - hence Jacksons.

However for $300 I found this. It has a 24-3/4" scale and only 22 frets - about as opposite of a neck as I can find for my tastes. It will feel cramped but I'll manage. And I figure I can always sell it and get the money back. But always wanted to try a V and for the money this is nice looking and has decent reviews...

Imported Vector - Alder Body and Duncan pups...and the Boomies - I just love those!
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

I've always liked those Hamer Vs. The size of the headstock looks out of proportion, though.

Comment

i have one of the early ones. it is super sweet. i changed the pickups to a custom/custom and a 59. it rips!!!
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

That looks nice, I don't like the headstock thought, I prefer the one on the US Vectors.
        Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Hamers are nice,especially the USA ones, but i always disliked their headstocks.....too big and bulky looking!

Comment

Originally posted by Metaled1020 View Post
            Hamers are nice,especially the USA ones, but i always disliked their headstocks.....too big and bulky looking!
            what do you think of the Dean's headstocks? I absolutely dislike them for the very same reason. Looks way out of proportion!

Sam

Comment

Actually I don't mind the headstock. For $300 what the hell as long as the guitar sounds decent.

For me its all about the neck and the tone (along with sustain and articulation).

Here is an actual pic off ebay...
              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

I was looking at those before I bought this. I actually prefer the Hamer headstock, but the boomerang string thru plate looks HUGE on them.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I love Hamers, my Centaura is a lovely guitar, the neck is a lot bigger than my other axes, comfy though.

Here she is

I'm keeping an eye out for a Vector and an older Special with a OFR.
                  Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Working...
                  X