Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A funny thing happened after opening a Gibson box....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A funny thing happened after opening a Gibson box....

Okay so I guess I should started doing this a long time ago....Documenting the insanity. My friend calls me up a few days ago and and says..." I've got 2 LP GT's that can go today $1700 each..want 'em". Sure...

2 Brand new factory sealed boxes arrive today. You know the routine...pull it out take a quick look while you warm up an amp. Connect the tuner Eb-Ab-Db-Gb-Bb-PLINK!b...huh..whoaaa? PLINK! PLINK! PLINK! Maybe the bridge..the truss...? Run my fiinger down the frets to see what it needs. Everything rings but the open string.
    Another Gibbo bites the dust! Strong nut work Nashville! Wasted another one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JtbpsSzqAI

cool video! You sound a lot like Homer.

Sorry about the Gibson, though. It sounds so "severe" that it should be easy to spot what's wrong. Gotta be an obvious nut problem.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
      cool video! You sound a lot like Homer.

Sorry about the Gibson, though. It sounds so "severe" that it should be easy to spot what's wrong. Gotta be an obvious nut problem.

The nut is cut so low that the string is almost touching the fretbaord! :ROTF:

Comment

What else is wrong with it? How's the tone?
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
          What else is wrong with it? How's the tone?
          Plink! Plink-tone. Did you have sound on? Maybe I could try to avod the high E string all together...works for Pete Townschend

Seriously tho, I have one of these guitas already. When they [GT's] work right they fuckin rock! The stock pickups are old and plain but head to head with a Custom to compare the GT has a lot more rounded sound. Which has me thinking it might be a good idea to upgrade a few other guitars with similar. The splitters really don't do much. Some reason I've had coil-tapped pickups that really opened up with a tap..not these. The flames are weak..they could have brought them out more. The inlays are bad-ass... At $1700...a GT is worth the dough, but at $2500....:ROTF:. I just looked at the other one. That mo-fo has a two peice back. You know what I say about two piece backs? Back "two" the dealer they go! I wouldn't buy a car that had was welded together from two halfs, same goes for a Les Paul. I definately NOT DO nutwork on brand new guitars.

0-for-2 on this one...dope!
          Last edited by Jeff Albertson; 06-07-2007, 11:58 AM. Reason: translate to english

Comment

Hahahhha, you know you damned yourself when you mentioned Zakk Wylde. Just mentioning that name made the guitar get all f'd up, scammed just like Zakk Wylde.

Comment

"now i can play like zakk wlyde"

:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
              Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
              Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

That video was great As for that, man that sucks; its ashame too, as for some reason I've been GASsing for a LP GT for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Albertson View Post
                  I just looked at the other one. That mo-fo has a two peice back. You know what I say about two piece backs? Back "two" the dealer they go! I wouldn't buy a car that had was welded together from two halfs, same goes for a Les Paul. I definately NOT DO nutwork on brand new guitars.

0-for-2 on this one...dope!
                  That sucks that it got past QA, but if the rest of the guitar was nice, having a good luthier cut a new nut for you wouldn't cost that much.

Regarding the two piece back... I have an EJ strat, and while it isn't a set neck, the thing sustains for days and probably rings out better than of superior one piece guitars. I know we're comparing apples and oranges, but a two piece body wouldn't make me avoid a guitar. Now, if it had several ugly pieces of wood that weren't matched, sure. But just two? Gimme a break!

Pete

Comment

LMAO!!!!

that sucks though that the nut is screwed,

but your voice worked perfect for that!
                    Out Of Ideas

Comment

Zakk's response

When Zakk isn't screaming at the top of his lungs teliing me how perfect Gibson guitars are...he's busy with important side work. Pay attention to meatwad when he imitates Geddy Lee..that freakin hysterical!

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
                        Now, if it had several ugly pieces of wood that weren't matched, sure. But just two? Gimme a break!
                        I read somewhere somebody complaining about the Explorer '76 having a 3-piece body, and I thought that was a ridiculous complaint. The body of an Explorer is so large, that'd have to be a huge tree to make it 1-piece. And you sure as heck wouldn't be buying such a guitar for a grand.

The GT, on the other hand, has an MSRP of $3999, average street of $2550.
                        please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Albertson View Post
                          You know what I say about two piece backs? Back "two" the dealer they go!
                          Hee hee hee
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thought Jeff would get a kick out of this...

Comment

Originally posted by Tashtego View Post
                              Thought Jeff would get a kick out of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFJTvVJfgZ4

Best Tattoo EVeeeeeR!

Comment

Working...
                              X