San Dimas Guitar Company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Dimas Guitar Company

Obviously Charvel clones....but has anyone had any experience with them...???

He sent me one when they first opened to "test drive" for a month and it was a great guitar. I just couldn't get past the headstock, that's what kills so many of these brands for me anyway.

As far as the guitar went, the fit and finish was excellent, the neck is plekked, so the fret job/action was incredible. If I ever came across one in a pawn shop for cheap, I would without question grab it.

Comment

Disclosure: I know the owner of San Dimas guitars very well and consider him a personal friend. If I didn't like his guitars, I'd just not mention them at all. Anyways... SD guitars are better imho with the feel, fit and finish of the old charvels than the newer stuff by fender. If I was in the market for a new Charvel, I'd spend my money on a SD.

Comment

I have to agree with ya on the headstock. I just chekd out their website and they have some great looking models for sale, but the headstock shape just doesn't appeal to me.

Comment

Are they still around? I know their website is still up, but I haven't heard anything about them in a long, long while.

Lloyd was cool to deal with when he was a Jackson dealer, and was behind some very cool special runs.

Comment

The one on Evil bay used to be mine. Great guitars, very solid necks. The owner of SSG is a friend of mine as well and I stand by his product 110% .. Those guitars are very well made. The neck on mine was a 3 piece and the boards are pleked... Great guitars for great money ..
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

They're prices aren't bad, either. I've gotten custom quotes, and they're a really good deal. I like the headstocks, too.
              My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

I have one, excellent guitar, plays great sounds great, quality components. I agree with what Twisteramps said above.

Mine is the one shown on their website:

I don't have a problem with the headstock shape, looks ok to me (better than some headstocks that are out there!).

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
                  The one on Evil bay used to be mine.
                  The ebay one looks like the same one from their website, correct?:

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
                    The ebay one looks like the same one from their website, correct?:
                    http://www.sandimasguitars.com/sd1v_acred.html
                    I think it states in his description that it is the same guitar featured on the website...

Comment

The evilbay one is #018 ..Yes it IS the website guitar. When Lloyd started SDG I told him I'd love to try one out one of these days. Without hesitation he sent one to me without any money upfront and i loved it so much I bought it. I eventually was looking for a specific guitar for a band tryour i had and I traded it to the current owner. If i had the capitol right now I'd buy it back. Taxes on my house are due and I've had two big bills in the last months so I'm trying to take it easy ...
                      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

That headstock is okay. It's way better than the new GMW headstock!
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I always thought the headstock looked kind of early Kramer-ish, like their "beak" style heads. It's fairly nice, if you ask me. It sure beats some of the other "boutique" brand headstock styles that are out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Psh511 View Post
                            I think it states in his description that it is the same guitar featured on the website...
                            You are correct! I didn't see that as I never read auction descriptions that are one giant paragraph like that one, gives me a headache after the first sentence

Comment

I never thought that headstock was that bad looking.
                              Hell look at Dean's!!

Companies like this might see a bit of a surge as FMIC keeps crapping on their own carpet.
                              I guess that is why they are going after the double cutaway - Strat body style market in Gibson vs. PRS fashion to shut down ALL Strat body competition.
                              This could get intreresting soon...... stay tuned boys and girls.
                              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Working...
                              X