San Dimas Guitar Company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
    as FMIC keeps crapping on their own carpet.
    this brings about some mental imagery of a number of steaming piles on the FMIC reception area floor :ROTF:
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Hey Guys. I am selling the one on ebay right now. Just have too many and I stopped playing my strat syle guitars + I am really into 24.75" Scale necks and have really only a few 25.5" guitars now. That coupled with me being a true blue firebird shape lover just made me throw it up on ebay. i would sell it outright to anyone who was interested. Make an offer or let the auction go till the end if you want and maybe you will snag it. It plays awesome and I would love it if Lloyd put out a firebird. I would buy it in a heartbeat. I played a few of his guitars at NAMM in 2005 and he has it down. His builds are better than many household name brands by far for the money. That and the fact that Lloyd is a cool cat. I wish he was still a dealer of Jacksons.

Comment

I was just on their site and I must say those guitars look real nice! The SD3f Ultra Purple would look even sweeter with a matching headstock.
        THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

That headstock reminds me a bit of te old Kramer headstock. It's certainly not the worst I've seen - I could get used to it. It's no worse to me than Suhr.

Comment

yeah. the headstock is kind of reminisant of one of the Hamer headsocks too. It actually gre on me after a while. I think it looks better painted too. The red endorsee model (the one made for Sergio) looks nice with a painted HS. Not into red guitars but the AC red is the nicest painted red I have ever seen. It has a tone of fine metal flake in it.

Comment

Those headstocks look almost like Suhr headstocks which look almost like the Kramer beak.
              Certainly Sweet looking guitars!
              1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Originally posted by Firebird V View Post
                yeah. the headstock is kind of reminisant of one of the Hamer headsocks too.
                Yep - you're right. That was the other one I was trying to place. Like the Daytona HS...

Comment

yeah. that is the one.

Comment

Lloyd from SD Guitars is a great guy. I helped him set up his booth at NAMM a couple years back and got to handle a few of those guitars. They are well made and the Plek'ed fret jobs are great! I'm not too crazy about the headstock shape myself. I've also bought several Jacksons through Lloyd as either custom shop or limited edition runs. I'd highly recommend Lloyd to anyone

Rudy
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Are they the usual partsocasters assembled and finished with Warmoth (or similar) bodies and neck, or are they truly custom made?

Comment

Custom made i believe. I have heard that a Jackson employee made necks for him but Lloyd said that it was his own shop that makes them. I have plenty of Warmoth bodies and though his route for the back is similar the body is much different then in size and contour then a Warmoth. Very high quality guitars. i would not think twice about getting another one. In fact, I will miss the one I just sold but I have so many others that got way more play time due to me liking 24.75" scale guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
                          I have one, excellent guitar, plays great sounds great, quality components. I agree with what Twisteramps said above.

Mine is the one shown on their website:

I don't have a problem with the headstock shape, looks ok to me (better than some headstocks that are out there!).

God , thats Gorgeous ! That fretboard is wonderful...and i like the
                          headstock too.

Comment

I agree MountainDos's is gorgeous!
                            I like everything about it.
                            that headstock looks fine to me ( but then again I like the new GMW headstocks so what do I know? )
                            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Working...
                            X