X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC Rich USA Mockingbird SL

Anyone own/play one of these? It's the Slash sig Mockingbird:

]

Been GAS'ing for one lately and want to know how it would compare to my USA Soloists. They also have a Korean/Indonesian/Chinese version out called the Mockingbird ST that looks identical but my experience with BC Rich outside of the USA and very early NJ series is that they're total junk.

For $700 the ST doesn't look that bad. Neck Through construction, OFR, nice pups. The scale is puzzling me, 24 5/8”?

Comment

That is Gibson scale length if I remember correctly, they say ¾ but it's really 5/8.

Comment

24 5/8" scale is correct. ive found those SL's have some issues like most newer BCRs. shit truss rods that either dont work or rattle, poorly done floyd routes, & floyds posts often positioned incorrectly.
        as for comparing to a soloist, much thicker rounder neck & usually much heavier since BCR went to thicker bodies in 93/4. find an old one if you really want a mockingbird.

Comment

With handmade BCRs try before you buy. Long story but quality can be all over the place. I have 3 handmades and they're great but have their flaws, mostly minor flaws.

Mockingbirds are known for neck dive. Also the Floyd routes on BCRs on the face of the body are quite large.

Import BCRs...that's a tough one. I've played great and crappy ones. I recently bought (and sold) and import set neck Warlock Deluxe (looked like a neck thru) that was pretty well built. It had the ultra slick fretboard (yuck) and I couldn't get the action low enough for my tastes (a neck angle would have helped). My friend has 2 of them and loves them. They have thinner necks than most of the handmades do.

Comment

my brother bought a mockingbird import that sucked. Some of the issues were finish but the body and sides were glued together(neckthru) uneven. He returned it and got a second one that is much better he says. I would try before you buy it.

Comment

Working...
            X