No announcement yet.

Help me choose a Gibson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Black Studio will always be worth 600-800 bucks. The DoubleCut Studio will always be a HARD to SELL.
    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Keep your SG.

Comment

LEOKV2 I have never heard a studio sound as thin and lifeless as DC L.P. The thinner body and lack of mass makes a huge difference.I have A-B'd lots of gibbys and I have never handled a DC that sounded good Thats JMO.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

fyi studios are (at least were) also thinner than standards

body thickness affects the "mass" of the sound, especially the bottom end.

Comment

The Double cutaway studio looks a lot better. But I think I woudl save more and get an old Standard.
            I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

I would get an Explorer or a Fbird or jsut stick with the SG. But the decision is yours... Go play them. Then choose the best one.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                LEOKV2 I have never heard a studio sound as thin and lifeless as DC L.P. The thinner body and lack of mass makes a huge difference. I have A-B'd lots of gibbys and I have never handled a DC that sounded good Thats JMO.
                Thank you. At least somebody here has a clue. :ROTF:
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                  neither. sorry.
                  +1

Keep your SG and save for one of these ...

They can be had for around $500.

Comment

Neither. Get a Epiphone Elitist LP. You will not regret it...

Comment

Get a Heritage H-150 or H-157
                      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

The Firebird Studios I have seen/played have been pretty good guitars. I would look at that one...

Doublecuts? No thanks. I agree with the above post, they sound wrong...

LP Studios are OK. Like someone said, play it first...

I would also either do the Firebird or keep the SG and save for a Standard/Custom if you have to have a Les Paul...
                        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Well, if I were you, since the guitar costs 800 bucks... I'd save some more and get a Flying V or an Explorer. I prefer those pickups and I really like the shape more.

Comment

Originally posted by LEOKV2 View Post
                            Of course it will. I mean, SOUND. Maybe 24 frets or the wrap around bridge will "feel" different (24 frets it's a plus IMO), but in terms of sound? I don't think so. I mean, if adding a slab of flamed maple to a mahogany body won't do "much", I don't think that a slightly thinner body will do anything.
                            you sure do know alot about tone.......
                            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by jtr View Post
                              Keep your SG.
                              +1
                              750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                              Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

I have an ebony Studio...with gold hardware. Nice.
                                My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

Working...
                                X