• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heritage
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
      you sure do know alot about tone.......
      Sure, that's because "I play death metal"...

Well, actually here's the reasons for my "oh this guy is a retard" comments. I believe that tone can be affected by the guitar, after some personal experience, by different things and some of the things that affect tone a bit less than others are related to subtle things, like body depth or the top. I mean, okay, a thicker body does add mass and thus, it adds a bit more of low end / low mids to the tone. But, is it really THAT audible or THAT noticeable? It surely isn't as noticeable as say, changing your amp, changing your effects or even changing your pickups. So, anyway, to find out if your guitar has more lows or less lows than another guitar, you should just plug it into your amp with the EQ controls set to 12 o'clock all along. Then you'll notice a difference. But, my guess is that in anycase, you'll EQ the tone, and if it lacks or has too much lows, you'll add some or remove some, same with highs or mids, or whatever you need.

So, basically what I'm saying is, that sure, choose your guitar in the direction of the tone you are looking for. Me, personally I prefer mahogany since it does provide a thicker, fuller tone than alder or basswood. As much as I love my KV-2 I do feel that the overall sound I get it's too trebly and middy, and that's from the guitar, since I've tried the same amp and settings with a Les Paul loaded with the same EMG's and it sounds better (to me). But, in reality, it's not that BIG, I mean, it's not like going from a 6150 to a Fender Twin.

Comment

LeoKV2 lecturing kelly user? Bwahahaha, isn't that like the inmates running the asylum or something?

Seriously, you 2 guys, along with wilkinsi & Norton need to hang out in your own "special" forum :ROTF: You can all talk out your ass to eachother
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well I didn't end up either of those Gibbies, Instead I ended up with one of these...

What can I say, this one felt and sounded so much better and I even had change to spare after the transaction.

Comment

Where are those made?

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              LeoKV2 lecturing kelly user? Bwahahaha, isn't that like the inmates running the asylum or something?

Seriously, you 2 guys, along with wilkinsi & Norton need to hang out in your own "special" forum. :ROTF: You can all talk out your ass to each other.
              Getting rusty ron?
              "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by LEOKV2 View Post
                Where are those made?
                Korea

Comment

Should have kept the SG.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                    Should have kept the SG.
                    Sigh...

Read my opening post on why I wanted to sell it.

Comment

That PRS looks sweet.

Comment

great buy man! That is a sweet looking PRS!
                        "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Firebird = "neck drop"
                          Explorer = "sticky neck"
                          Jackson = nirvana!

Comment

Firebird = Major mojo
                            Explorer = Instant James Hetfield
                            Jackson = Neck profile not to my taste

Nirvana? That would be either a Fender Mustang or a Fender Jaguar

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post
                              Nirvana? That would be either a Fender Mustang or a Fender Jaguar

LOL, you got me on that one

Comment

Working...
                              X