No announcement yet.

rs guitarworks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats exactly right bengal they are more like the old ones.
    The caps do need time to adj to the guitar and let current pass thru them once they do settle in the guitar will sound different.
    I have taken them apart to change shafts and they are very different from the standard CTS pot.
    Last edited by straycat; 06-17-2007, 12:12 AM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

it will be a few weeks or a month until it's done.
      I'll report back then.
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
        Thats exactly right bengal they are more like the old ones.
        The caps do need time to adj to the guitar and let current pass thru them once they do settle in the guitar will sound different.
        How long will that take?

Comment

It takes about 15-20 min of playing and you will notice the pickups open up.I don't know why they do this but they do.

Comment

ok, I'm back and the guitar is finished. I also polished the frets myself, it's easy, just have to tape up to avoid the filings on the pups, check out how much got on.

as for the RS kit, yeah it did improve the tone of my guitar and the JB. it's warmer. the volume pots are very responsive, and you can actually use the tone knob in small increments if it suits the situation.

it smoked at practice last night. (and I did the fret polishing outside, only brought it in to take pics. you get a bit of steel wool mess when polishing.)

Comment

Glad to hear the kit improved your tone.One pretty V too!!

Comment

thanks man

Comment

I ordered a vintage strat set after reading this thread. Its a lot better than I expected, the guitar has a better base tone and even the tone controls are very usable now. I still dont use them, but they are very usable.
                  Anyway, I already ordered 3 more sets so I can equip some of my other guitar with it.

Comment

I have their strat kit in my Model 1a and it sounds smooth and mellow.I love having a tone control on the bridge pickup.
                    I'm glad you guys are trying these kits they are well worth the money.
                    The new caps are coming soon I cant wait.

Comment

I'm intrigued by these kits. My two main practice/gigging guitars are LP types, that are tuned differently. One is CGCFAD, and the other is used for both C#G#C#F#A#D#, and D#G#C#F#A#D#. The lower tuned guitar has a Duncan Custom, and the higher tuned guitar has a Duncan Custom Custom. I've noticed a significant difference in output between the two. I actually have to adjust my noise gate when switching to the lower tuned guitar, because it is much hotter. I'll bet the components and wiring in the other one, are choking the sound. I'll give one of these kits a try and see if it makes a difference.
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

What type of L.P. is the hotter one? A 60s classic has 498 and 500t and can be quite brittle.The guys at RS can squeeze great tone out of a L.P.
                        Last edited by straycat; 07-22-2007, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                          What type of L.P. is the hotter one? A 60s classic has 498 and 500t and can be quite brittle.The guys at RS can squeeze great tone out of a L.P.
                          Neither have Gibson pickups. Read my post again.
                          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                          X