92 USA custom RG in layaway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 USA custom RG in layaway

Just got back from Willcutt guitar shop and snagged a 92 USA Ibanez custom shop RG. Black with gold snake skin graphic.Graphic is front and back done by Pamilena H.
    Its on the web site if you wish to take a look willcuttguitars.com.
    Last edited by straycat; 06-16-2007, 06:48 PM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

This one may be as early as 1990.If anyone knows more about these let me know I have been to the jemsite and reserched some but can't find any relating pics.

Comment

Now that's the shit!

Comment

I use to own this guitar, sold it a few years back. Great guitar and regret selling it.

Comment

What does it say behind the Ibanez logo? USA Custom? Interesting headstock, most looked like this...

Seems to me I've seen one with that kind of headstock before though. Just can't remember where...

What's the serial number?
          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Now that is a lovely finish, I had no idea Ibanez offered a snakeskin paint job!

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
              What does it say behind the Ibanez logo? USA Custom? Interesting headstock, most looked like this...

Seems to me I've seen one with that kind of headstock before though. Just can't remember where...

What's the serial number?
              The white logo with the smaller plain font "USA Custom" in white are earlier than the gold ones in the link you posted. I have a leopard print USA custom with that logo.

Comment

MD,
                What year is yours? First appearance of these in catalogues was 1991, with the logo in my first post...

So maybe these were available but just not in the catalogue???

Comment

that guitar was at willcutt guitar shop when i lived in lex (1995). I've gassed for that thing for years!!! Glad you got a killer guitar. That's a great shop

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                    MD,
                    What year is yours? First appearance of these in catalogues was 1991, with the logo in my first post...

So maybe these were available but just not in the catalogue???
                    Around 1988 to 1989.

A look on Ibanezregister.com, under the 'old gallery, under 'The Customs', bottom row, 3rd from right shows a heading 'USA Custom Metal Design UCMD'. Within that row are several links to pics of guitars (and most owner's mention the year 1989) with that logo, like this one (similar to my 'leopard' print):

Here's a good pic of the headstock:

Found this catalog page under Ibanezrules.com, entitled "' '88 USAC"

The official paintjob of Straycat's guitar appears to be "Silversnake" (bottom row, 2nd from right in the above link).
                    Here's his very cool guitar!:

Comment

I have bought lots of gear from Willcutts location in Richmond Ky.
                      That RG has been there a long time I just couldn't let it sit any longer.I bought an RR (very early Ontario) at the Lexington store 4 years ago Ferrari red, 18 volt JE 1200 mid boost and two J-90Cs.Several Schecters (Tom Anderson era).You should see some of the PRS private stocks in there just outrageous
                      gitfiddler I probably know you or have come in contact sometime somewhere.

Comment

I hope this one is an 88-89.The logo is the same small font USA custom.
                        I hope the bridge pickup is a mega drive.I'm reasonably sure the neck will be a PAF pro.
                        I have a lead on an 87 JEM LNG and may be able to snag it too.
                        Thanks for posting the links MD.

Comment

Not to hijack, but I laughed out loud at there "Digital Madness" graphic..... shows they don't know much more than guitars.

Comment

Straycat,
                            Yours would have to be from that era with that headstock. Good luck on the LNG, even beat to shit, those things go for big dollars...

MD,
                            Thanks for the info. I was never really into the Ibanez with the graffics, seemed to me that they were going after the Jackson market with those. So my knowledge about them is quite limited...

Comment

I saw a mint LNG go off on ebay at over $5000.00.This one is $ 850.00 with OHSC and case candy and broken palm rest.Guitar is a player lots of arm wear and neck wear frets are in good shape tho' I'm really on the fence about this one due to the condition.I dont think I could flip it and make any money at this time. Repair and refin would kill the value. The plus is the Via signature is intact and number is under 100.
                              I may just have to get it and sit on it a while and test the waters as far as selling it.It still plays great and sounds killer.
                              Last edited by straycat; 06-20-2007, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X