92 USA custom RG in layaway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by straycat View Post
    I saw a mint LNG go off on ebay at over $5000.00.This one is $ 850.00 with OHSC and case candy and broken palm rest.Guitar is a player lots of arm wear and neck wear frets are in good shape tho' I'm really on the fence about this one due to the condition.I dont think I could flip it and make any money at this time. Repair and refin would kill the value. The plus is the Via signature is intact and number is under 100.
    I may just have to get it and sit on it a while and test the waters as far as selling it.It still plays great and sounds killer.
    $850? I'd jump all over it and not look back. Then play the shit out of it. Don't worry about resale, it will go up regardless of the condition...
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
      $850? I'd jump all over it and not look back. Then play the shit out of it. Don't worry about resale, it will go up regardless of the condition...
      +1

Comment

Everything you say is true regardless its value will increase.There my mind is made up.Columbus Ohio guitar show is Sunday I smell money.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Everything you say is true regardless its value will increase.There my mind is made up.Columbus Ohio guitar show is Sunday I smell money.
          What are the details for getting there? I'd like to go to the guitar show.

(edit) Nevermind; got off my lazy ass and googled it

I can't go into Willcutt's - bad memeories. I passed on a 2003 R0 with a Brazillian board and will never get over it.
          Last edited by DonP; 06-20-2007, 11:50 PM.

Comment

DonP I feel your pain.They have a James Trussart "rusty deville" I have been having GAS over.I just can't bear $4200.00.
            You going to the show?
            Last edited by straycat; 06-21-2007, 08:50 PM.

Comment

damn, i wish i could go to the columbus show. i used to go 2X/year and stand in the freezing cold line for the winter one. there's always something cool there. I moved to florida, and while it's warmer here, the music shops and orlando guitar show really suck.

i always wondered how Willcutt stayed in business. Even back in the 90's before internet sales, he had all the cool stuff. I always wondered who in KY was buying it. usa jacksons, real esps, laney, mesa (back when nobody else in town sold it) etc.

has guitar center in lex dented his business at all?

A friend of mine had an 80's Schecter strat he bought from Bob. Very cool guitar.

Comment

GC in Lexington is a joke.A very small GC with absolutly no USA Jacksons.Some very low quality PRS stuff and the usual low end stuff.
                The guys working there are very nice and quite knowledgeable.Metal MIke is in the effects area and is pretty cool.One of the sales guys is sending over his strat for me to do the electronics upgrade on.They have no in house repair guy.
                They haven't made a dent in Willcutt's business, hell they haven't hurt the doo wop shop and you know what a hell hole that place is.
                Bob W. was a Schecter/ Charvel dealer back in the 70s-80s and has artists like EVH and the like as cusomers so he ain't hurting.

Comment

I liie graphic guitars with the right graphic. What really suprises me is Ibanez offered 1 Hum guitars, now that has my attention Anyone have any of the 1 Hum models right now? Where they all made with the Wizard thin neck? By the way, that snakeskin is very cool!! Jack.

Comment

From what I can gather the bodies that came from japan were only routed for a bridge humbucker and the USA custom shop routed the neck and middles.The finishes were done here.I agree the 1 hums look bad ass,I have never seen one in person.All were wizard necks IIRC.MY 570 has a wizard and its very comfy to me anyway.

Comment

Cool score Straycat. I've played that guitar back in the mid 90's along with another Ibanez Wilcutt had, I believe it was the Iceworld graphic. I used to own a Silversnake custom years ago.

Btw, do you know Garland Noble? He played in a band in the 80'/90's called Tara Thunder in Lexington. He used to have a TON of cool Jackson, Charvel, Ibanez, ESP stuff.

Comment

I remember the band name.I probably have met just don't know him by name.I ran into Huston Barger and this guy has a collection that is unbeleivable.He ran sound for KISS and has lots of KISS stuff.he has Dimebag's slime green Washburn.He and Dimebag were freinds.
                        You might remember the band Sticky Fingers from Richmond Ky I ran into Robbie Robinson the guitar player and played some of his custom Tom Andersons last Saturday very cool guy.
                        I went to visit my RG in layaway Saturday and the color is more vibrant than in the pics very cool guitar.Plays great and sounds killer.This one was made in the North Hollywood Ca custom shop.Got the original USA custom badged case as well.
                        Last edited by straycat; 06-25-2007, 07:32 AM.

Comment

I just found and scanned a not-very-good shot of my old RG Custom.

Damn, that was a purty guitar, why do I never keep them?

Comment

Tune up I think I do remember Garland,.... looked like Adrian Vandenberg and sounded like Jed Clampett.Kick ass guitar player very flashy.Very cool snoogans.

Comment

I remember the band name.I probably have met just don't know him by name.I ran into Huston Barger and this guy has a collection that is unbeleivable.He ran sound for KISS and has lots of KISS stuff.he has Dimebag's slime green Washburn.He and Dimebag were freinds.
                              You might remember the band Sticky Fingers from Richmond Ky I ran into Robbie Robinson the guitar player and played some of his custom Tom Andersons last Saturday very cool guy.
                              I went to visit my RG in layaway Saturday and the color is more vibrant than in the pics very cool guitar.Plays great and sounds killer.This one was made in the North Hollywood Ca custom shop.Got the original USA custom badged case as well.
                              I've talked and been to Huston's house a few times. He had alot of stuff that's for sure. I remember he had one of the old Ace Frehely Washburns. I can't recall him running sound for KISS but I may be wrong. I think he ran sound for Supafuzz some. I've heard of Sticky Fingers but can't recall seeing them.

You gotta love the Ibanez USA Customs, wish they would start making them again.

Comment

Tune up I think I do remember Garland,.... looked like Adrian Vandenberg and sounded like Jed Clampett.Kick ass guitar player very flashy.Very cool snoogans.

Yeah, that would be Garland for sure. He's a great player.

Comment

Working...
                                X