No announcement yet.

jackson PC 1 or Jem7V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to me PC1 sounds way better and versatile... the best stock Jackson in the market right now IMO
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I know nothing about the Ibby, but I'd be interested to hear the difference between the Sustainiac in the DK2S and the Sustainer system in the PC1.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        The PC1 comes with a DiMarzio Super 3 which is hotter than all of those pickups.
        Well how come my Chavel CS Eldred HRF kicks its ass then?
        IMO the HRF is about 1/3rd hotter than my PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
          PC1's have only side dot markers and no fretboard inlays, that might be weird for some people.
          Yeah some idiots even want to add Abalone dots to their PC-1's ! :ROTF:

Comment

Then at least ill add a pic to help you decide..

Comment

Tone wise you'll have to make up your own mind. But to me the Jackson necks are much more comfortable than than super thin Ibanez necks. I have two Ibanezes, one is a John Petrucci P1 and the other is a Shattered Glass graphic. I don't really play either one much. Granted the Petrucci is more of a collectible than a player but my shattered glass Ibanez USA Custom has the lowest action of any of my guitars yet I still don't consider it my best player. I do have a PC1 in Purple Daze in lay away though
              BTW, Toejam is correct the PC1 comes with a Dimarzio Super 3 in the bridge.

Rudy
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                I know nothing about the Ibby, but I'd be interested to hear the difference between the Sustainiac in the DK2S and the Sustainer system in the PC1.
                The Jackson (Floyd Rose) sustainer is more powerful and responsive, where as the Sustainiac is a bit weaker, but does allow you to blend both the fundamental and harmonic sustains at the same time.
                -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                  The Jackson (Floyd Rose) sustainer is more powerful and responsive, where as the Sustainiac is a bit weaker, but does allow you to blend both the fundamental and harmonic sustains at the same time.

I agree 100%. I have both and this is my experience. Down sides to the Jackson sustainer is replacement part availablilty vs. The Sustainiac. I believe the Jackson/Floyd Rose parts are only available from Jackson. The Sustainiac is available from them direct in Ohio, I believe.

I'll take the chance. I have more than 1 PC1, so if one is down I can still use the others while I wait for parts if need. I haven't had a Jackson sustainer disinegrate yet
                  Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Being a cheapskate Brit means I won't regret buying a DK2S in ASB then.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                    X