Another RG in the house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another RG in the house

This one is an RG 520QS Mahogony body quilt sapele top trans black.MIJ 1998.What a monster.These things are dropping in my lap.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Had a blue one recently sold it. Not that far off from an RG3120 which I have and is why I sold it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

nice! I like the RG520QSOLs. They had a couple at a guitar shop in town a few years back, and both were great players and looked really cool too
      Hail yesterday

Comment

You really need to figure out how to take pics...

I love my 520. Love the mahogany, but I find the V pickups are better suited for basswood. So Dimarzios are coming for mine...

Congrats...
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I have another set of IBZ's(2 and 4) to go in this one as well.I can't get the pics from my camera to photo bucket I've tried everything I know but they won't transfer.
          I noticed this 520 is pretty heavy when I first picked it up noticed a small chip on the backside edge and saw it was mahogony.The neck has a small hairline crack between the floyd nut screws and said look I don't know if this neck is solid and if a repair is going to hold so you 're going to have to come down on the price he said well I don't know.I turned to look at another guitar and he said will you go $135.00? I said maybe if you have the case,he did not have a case so I went out the door.I went outside and was talking to another guy and he came out and asked go $125.00 I agreed.

Comment

That crack in the neck is quite common. Too much torque on those nuts. No biggie there...

Comment

I bled some thin super glue and clamped it lightly and will adj tomorrow.It has some back bow but is straight frets are nice.Body has some small chips but not too bad.Its a good candidate for a strip and refin maybe a trans purple.Lots of quilt on the top.

Comment

If you sand off the finish be carefull of the top. It's paper thin. More of a veneer...

Comment

Aircraft stripper works good on veneers no wood loss.

Comment

Working...
                  X