No announcement yet.

Ibanez USA Custom G10 Blue AA Quilt top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, it's not that similar.. I looked it up.. it's got binding, tremolo, flame top and a middle pickup.

Still not worth the 1250 euro though haha
    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Originally posted by AfterForever View Post
      Actually, it's not that similar.. I looked it up.. it's got binding, tremolo, flame top and a middle pickup.

Still not worth the 1250 euro though haha
      Well..either way...i first thought when i saw it..."this is
      an $800 guitar... you guys seem to think it is...so i didnt
      get screwed! Fine with me. Plus..its a great player
      and harmonics just leap off of it.. so thats a plus at
      $400 spent. Thanks for the great info guys

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
        i didnt
        get screwed!
        Definitely not have fun with it!
        "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Sweet. How do you adjust the truss rod on that thing?
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Sweet. How do you adjust the truss rod on that thing?
            Be careful... I hear lots of people screw the necks up due to improper adjustments.

Robert, the top look pretty plainish near the lower strap pin but, a NICE guitar for $400.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Originally posted by Robotechnology View Post
              Be careful... I hear lots of people screw the necks up due to improper adjustments.
              Do you have to take the neck off and adjust it at the heel, or does it have something to do with the brass band?

Comment

Originally posted by Robotechnology View Post

Robert, the top look pretty plainish near the lower strap pin but, a NICE guitar for $400.
                Its actually kind of a "5" diameter "Burst of wood there... the flash
                seems to make it look like its a mistake...but its cool overall.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  Do you have to take the neck off and adjust it at the heel, or does it have something to do with the brass band?
                  No...within the 4 mounting screws holding the neck to the body...
                  there is a smaller 1/4" hole in the wood...and down about 5/8" of an inch
                  is an Allen screw.. (about 8mm) I would guess this is the access?
                  Since there are no truss rod covers, or anything else up near the headstock. I'll take a pic soon of it

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                    No...within the 4 mounting screws holding the neck to the body...
                    there is a smaller 1/4" hole in the wood...and down about 5/8" of an inch
                    is an Allen screw.. (about 8mm) I would guess this is the access?
                    Since there are no truss rod covers, or anything else up near the headstock. I'll take a pic soon of it
                    From my post in the original thread about this guitar...:

The adjustment is via a hole where the neck bolts on, you'll see an allen screw inside the hole:

http://www.bunker-guitars.com/tf_neck.html
                    #5 and #D location in the two links above.

Comment

Ah, interesting.

Comment

OK the G10 it is. But as far as the truss rod adjustments. here should be a small hole in the treble side of the neck Like on some Warmoth necks. Where you adjust the truss rod. The 5th hole in the neck bolt assembly is a micro tilt. At leaast thats how they were on the ones ive seen. Nie guitar especailly for 400 bucks.
                        Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
                          OK the G10 it is. But as far as the truss rod adjustments. here should be a small hole in the treble side of the neck Like on some Warmoth necks. Where you adjust the truss rod. The 5th hole in the neck bolt assembly is a micro tilt. At leaast thats how they were on the ones ive seen. Nie guitar especailly for 400 bucks.
                          Gil
                          Gil, no, these necks are different than the Warmoth you are thinking of (Yamaha Ty Taybor models have that too). Those have a thing in the neck that adjusts using 'inclines and wedges', see here:

The hole on the treble side of the Tension Free necks are the anchor/pivot point of the internal rod thing. Look again at the picture in this link:

#6 is the hole on the treble side. It says "Do Not Remove".

The trus rod adjustment is done by #5, in the heel of the neck. This '5th' hole in the body is a thru hole to access the allen socket screw that is part of the neck, there is no 'microtilt' involved as these necks do not tilt vs the body like a fender's microtilt.

I have 4 guitars with these necks and know them well (and have two Ty Taybors too).

I just sold this PBC (Paul Bucker/Treker) with the tension free neck on ebay last month:

Comment

Cool. They must;ve changed the design some where down the line. I remember the hole on the side of the neck being the truss rod and there being a micro tilt in the neck pocket. ( ive taken a few apart when we had them used at work.) Intereseting design tho. and thanks for the info.

Comment

Thanks MountainDog.. im an expert now! you have 4 of these?
                              I dont want to admit this...but im grabbing this shred machine
                              everytime over my Charvel CS HRF, and 2 Jacksons! Am i turning
                              Japanese?

Comment

I've seen a few USRG customs with that band, I think they were USRG30's, but some of those have graphics too.
                                You used to be able to pick these up usually for 400-600 so your price was in the range it should probably sell at. I think you got a great deal though, those are excellent guitars. I've been kinda wanting one for years, just never had the $$ when they came up.

Comment

Working...
                                X