Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could keep only one guitar that you have owned..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could keep only one guitar that you have owned..

..which would it be, and why? Pics if possible.

It's a tough decision, but if I had to choose only one, I would have to keep my 1982 Aria Pro II CS-400. It's not the prettiest thing in the world, but it stays in tune better than any other guitar I have ever played, never needs intonating, never needs truss rod adjustments, sounds awesome with the stock pickups, and plays like butter. Plus, it suits any type of music.

Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

My white strathead .. I bought it in 1986 and it was my workhorse for many years. My wife jokes that I'll be buried with it ..

Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Nice!

Is it all original Kev?
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
        My white strathead .. I bought it in 1986 and it was my workhorse for many years. My wife jokes that I'll be buried with it ..
        I wouldn't mind cranking out a discount "bark at the moon" on that baby!

Comment

it would have to be my ibanez 540S. i have had it since i was 13 years old. it is very versatile. it can sound straty, tele-ish, bluesy, metallic, jazzy....the only guitar i have that is MORE versatile is my brian moore with the piezo/synth bridge.

plus it has a floyd!! and it is neon yellow!! and it is the only guitar i have that is still 100% stock after 20 years!!!!

surprisingly, i have NEVER played it live. it still looks practically brand new!!! i have done countless recording sessions (professional session work as well as with my own bands)....this guitar also has written some of my best songs. it inspired me to become a better player...

hahahaha - it is like an old friend......even though it sits in the case 99% of the time these days!!!!

i only have one crappy picture of it......

here!!!!

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I'd have to flip a coin between these two:

The Roxie because it's the single most "live" sounding guitar I've ever played (though I don't love the EMGs) and the Explorer because it has an amazingly huge fat sound. They're both among the best players I've ever had.
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Jackson USA bolt-on formerly owned by Steve Lynch.

Comment

2004 PC1. My baby.

-Rick

Comment

Surely somebody is going to use the doubleneck exploit here!

Comment

my explorer, 1 because i have always wanted one and i got it, and 2 because the crap i had to go through to get it.

DIY painted pick guard
                    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

My Old School Burst Mark Morton signature model.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

hmm Well since i dont have my San Dimas Strat head any more it would have to be my first Jackson. My 92 Stealth Pro. Versatile, extremely comfortable to play, plays itself, cus it yells at me when i try to play it cus i suck. And it Was what gave me the J/C bug. I've had it for 15 years now. I;ve owned the guitar the second longest out of 60 some ive had. My firt longest is my acoustic my first guitar. I only have crappy pics of it so I'll spare your eyes. lol
                        Gil

Comment

My SG...Im never getting rid of it, i'll post pictures of it tomorrow...same goes for m yfender pbass!!

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
                            Jackson USA bolt-on formerly owned by Steve Lynch.

Good GOD! Isnt this the video axe? I would kill to have that!
                            For me.. i wish i could say i "owned" my Brother in Laws PRS Private
                            Stock...that would be my end all.
                            But if it were Axes I actaully have owned... my Jackson Saturn.
                            Too many memories...and its a collectable now and plays great.
                            Not the hottest tone..but overall a great axe

Comment

My old squier.. first guitar. Even though it's not that great.. I love still it and play it a lot.
                              "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Working...
                              X