• Ever have this happen to you? Your going in one direction..and then

you seem to zone in on one of your cheaper axes, and it becomes YOUR
    favorite? Im really going nuts this last few days..as i seem to play
    cleaner, smoother, and love my tone...tap cleaner and just overall love
    the comfort of this Ibanez RG! Ive been quickly switching from it back
    to the Jackson PC-1...and then back to the RG, and then over to the
    Charvel HRF CS...and i keep shaking my head, laughing and go back to
    that DAMN Wizard II neck! How can a roughly $800 guitar beat out
    some of my prized $2400 Jackson/Charvels? I think im turning Japanese.. If i end up owning 5 Ibanez's... i will at least be able to stay
    on this board since i wont ever give up my 92' Dinky Saturn... but
    somebody help me! This just aint right.. It rips to my ears better than
    the Charvels even thru the EVH III. Harmonics just leap out of this RG
    everywhere... on any note. Sure the Custom/Custom PUP of the Charvels
    has tons o' balls...and better low end..but playability, and comfort
    are easily the best on the Ibanez! And with this zero tension neck and
    string thru with Brass bows, and string trees...this RG sustains for days!
    Without a Battery! What have i done?

i feel ya. lately i have REALLY been into my mexi strat and mexi tele. i have been plugging them into my 1963 fender tremolux amp that powers a 1x12 cab loaded with a weber classic alnico speaker....and just LOVING the pure sound of a fender rig. it is, indeed, crazy.....
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

When you decide you don't want your C/J stuff any more, you can trade it to me for my Ibanez RGA-121...

Comment

Get a Jackson JTX. Wizard-thin neck, better logo
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I never seem to last longer than 2 months before ending up with one guitar again.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Price really has nothing to do with how good a guitar is. Sure it helps and the more you pay the better the guitars are on average but you can get a cheaper axe that smokes too. My very first guitar has been getting more play now than my SL2. Its a cheap start copy but it plays really nice and sounds cool when its tuned down.

Comment

Some guitars just have "it". While others only play like "it", or sound like "it".

I have one of the latter; an old japanese Vantage; Cheap thing with swamp ash body. It sucks as far as looks and playability go, but it sounds so damn good, I can't get rid of it!

Comment

I know what you are feeling Robert I've bought 3 RGs in the last month and they do kick ass.I find the wizard necks very comfy even if they do look like a yardstick with frets.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I have owned 4 usa Jacksons, and 35+ guitars....

I have one main guitar. An Ibanez RGT42.... IT does everything my SL2H's did for 1/3rd the price. Im putting that gear money into saving for a house now, and I have no regrets selling considering I like the Wizard 2 (HATE the orig Wizard, I cramp up)

I would LOVE to see Ibanez do a high end RGT with the Edge Pro AND the Wizard 2 neck. Not everyone wants to play chords on a yard stick :p

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                    i feel ya. lately i have REALLY been into my mexi strat and mexi tele. i have been plugging them into my 1963 fender tremolux amp that powers a 1x12 cab loaded with a weber classic alnico speaker....and just LOVING the pure sound of a fender rig. it is, indeed, crazy.....
                    +1 I just recentely got a 96 MIM Strat and it is quickly becoming my favorite guitar ever!!!!!

Comment

I pulled out the only IBANEZ I have, a cheap RG350DX, with a WIZARD II neck and, yeah, it's great. But, it just maybe whatever guitar is in yours hands at the time??
                      JvicE

Comment

Well, it's always hard to compare the guitars of different class and of different tone and different feel.

Most obvious case: "Strat"-minded guy will always prefer to play Strat, "Les Paul"-minded will opt for LP.

Or for example I had a marvelous opportunity to score Ibanez J-Custom for dirt cheap (dirt cheap for such classy axe). I totally loved the tone but I can't stand Ibanez neck profiles and Edge tremolos. And if I had to choose between two I would prefer SL3 over it any day.
                        Because I don't say it
                        Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

i have run into the same problem.
                          out of all the guitars i have, i keep on coming back to my $200 ibanez s classic.
                          it plays great, and sounds great with a pickup upgrade.

Comment

Working...
                          X