Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I did a "Presidents of the USA" on my TelePaul.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did a "Presidents of the USA" on my TelePaul.

These are two Gibson SG's from Chris ballew, bassplayer from the Presidents of the United States Of America, who strings them up with two bass strings and plays through the neck pickup solely resulting in a very low-fi rubbery and cool bass sound.

Inspired by that I decided to give my TelePaul a similar make over.

As for why doing so. I'll be blunt, the TelePaul is a failure, I never got it to sound right and I never liked the feel of it, so I dismantled it and hung it on the wall. But after seeing footage of the Presidents I started thinking "Do I have a guitar I could use for that?" And the answer litterarly hung in front of my face on the wall.

As you can see I went with three strings because that gives me just a little more range they are tuned from low to high C-F-A# and because it has no bridge pickup it sounds rubbery and cool.

I LOVE the P.U.S.A!! Saw them live a time or two - what a fun band!! I really liked his Epi Flying V with two strings too!

Comment

Despite the fact they didn't have any shred and were pretty much a "joke" (as they themselves put it) they were a great band. I had one of their tapes (the one with Lump and Peaches). I loved their version of Kick Out The Jams.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

fuck you kitty you're gonna spend the night... OUTSIDE!

Comment

Man i cant believe anyone remembers that band...i thought they were pretty rad back in the day

Comment

Peaches was cool
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
              Peaches was cool
              "Stick my finger down inside
              Make a little room for a man to hide"

:ROTF:

Comment

Why only 3strings? What is this?
                Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
                Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
                Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12