The ugliest looking production guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ugliest looking production guitars

Okay, I guess we all know that certain players like to modify their guitars until they *ahem* gain a look of their own. Such as Bumblefoot did with his Fender Strat and his Ibanez Roadstar. And that certain one-off customshop creations are for the *ahem* people with an aquired taste.

However, we tend to overlook that there are plenty of butt-ugly guitars which are regular production items. Let's have a look.

SX is a brand which is currently gaining popularity in the low price category. Making guitars that *cough* are somewhat based on more famous designs but were *sniff* altered in small ways so to keep the lawyers at bay.

There's a reason why real Fender Stratocasters DO NOT come with a two piece bridge...

If you're gonna copy the PRS Swampash model please leave the shape of that guitar alone...

Also on the list (And imported by Rondo music) are the instruments of Agile, which like SX is a brand which is getting popular for offering cool guitars for sharp prices but also like SX, they also don't really *Harrrumph* look the part...

To be honest, this one takes the "Horny" away from the SG shape.

An F-hole shouldn't be at that spot, there's a reason why Fender came up with a different pickguard for their Thinline tele.

Megadeth fans on the forum should look away right this second.

Teles should NOT have that kind of Headstock, not to mention TWO!

This is one fugly POS:

You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Comment

No Deans on the list??
        Quite possibly the ugliest motherfucking guitars in human history.
        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

But the difference between that thread and this one is that thread included the one-offs and customs. This is only about production instruments.

Comment

If you'd actually read the thread, you'd know that it was only production guitars

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
              This is one fugly POS:

+1. Worst looking sig model on the planet. Just looks cheap as hell.
              My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post

To be honest, this one takes the "Horny" away from the SG shape.
                An SG knockoff with a tumor. Blehhhh!!
                My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
                  This is one fugly POS:

If it's good enough for james it's good enough for me. He did wear all those spots in it playin Master of Puppets right?
                  "when people say metal, they dont think bling bling they think stainless steel kitchen knife"
                  I just made that quote..

Comment

what i don't understand is why the hell ESP made that guitar with a black, THEN white THEN red THEN PRIMER GREY. WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING
                    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason slsh View Post
                      If it's good enough for james it's good enough for me. He did wear all those spots in it playin Master of Puppets right?

You're joking right? That's part of a trend I find ruins any guitar - RELICING. That would look okay without the autobody primer color and the "worn out from playing the fuck out of it" spots.
                      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                        what i don't understand is why the hell ESP made that guitar with a black, THEN white THEN red THEN PRIMER GREY. WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING
                        maybe James wanted it to match his 86 CR-X? :ROTF:

Comment

"I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Peavey Mystic, Vortex, and whatever else came from that series they did in the mid-80s.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

any Ibanez RG
                              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                              X