Fender MIM Mojo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender MIM Mojo?

My recentely purchased 1996 MIM Strat impresses me more and more each day! This thing has mojo like you wouldn`t believe!! I mean,is it wrong to worship a lowly MIM Strat?? Years ago i got into the mindset of only a Made In USA guitar was worthy, but it`s been awhile since i thought that way and this MIM Strat is sure proof that those feelings were indeed wrong. The word mojo gets thrown around alot (i`m doing that now!) but i truly believe that this guitar has that.Not all Fenders have mojo but if you find one that does it can be magical....no matter where it was made!

If you dig it, that's what matters. MIM strats are the standard strats now.

I like the jumbo frets and the rolled fretboard edges on the american strats, but if you like skinny frets or get a MIM model that has med-jumbos, it's all a matter of preference. Then there is the question of less expensive tuners and the cast trem blocks, but geez if you can rip on it, no one will be able to tell but you. Quality wood and CNC equipment go a long way.
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

The fretboard edges are rolled....don`t know if they started that way but they are now!!!!!!!!

Comment

probs from 11 years of playing
        Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
        Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

i have played my MIM strat at MANY shows where my PC-1 would not stay in tune!!! it has covered my ass a lot and has always played and sounded awesome!!!! mine has had a few changes, most notably the SD lil 59 in the bridge, but i TOTALLY believe in MIM mojo.

my MIM tele is at EVERY recording session i play. it has an SD quarter pounder pickup set in it, but is stock otherwise.

GREAT guitars!!!!
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Super_shredder View Post
            probs from 11 years of playing
            Exactly!!!!! Someone did the hard work for me! *lol*

Comment

I always believed that guitars get better with age!!!

Comment

I have an almost mint '04 MIM Fat Strat sitting in a case. It doesn't hold a candle to my '94 and 4 '96's. They made them better then. No doubt in my mind.
                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

My 1996 MIM Strat is in mint shape, having sat in the closet for 11 years LOL!

It's the vintage frets that I don't like, but it's a beautiful guitar, maple FB with deep metalic blue and white pickguard.

Some of the newer MIM strats (with a bridge hum) come with med jumbo frets. When did they make the switch in fret sizes? (I don't pay much attention to Fenders).

Comment

In general, do USA pickguards line up with the holes on a MIM body? I might be trippin but they don't seem to line up right.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

my mim tele rocked

Comment

My 95 MIM squier strat kicks ass
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by SeventhSon View Post
                          In general, do USA pickguards line up with the holes on a MIM body? I might be trippin but they don't seem to line up right.
                          no, they use a different screw pattern.
                          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

True and they use a narrow spaced trem too.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                              I have an almost mint '04 MIM Fat Strat sitting in a case. It doesn't hold a candle to my '94 and 4 '96's. They made them better then. No doubt in my mind.
                              I agree 100%!!!! There`s no doubt in my mind they made em better back then!

Comment

Working...
                              X