wilkinson trems???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wilkinson trems???

are they OK? I've never owned one. Only floyds and I had one v-trem strat that was terrible. Thing wouldn't stay in tune at all, I eventually played with out installing the bar so I wouldnt touch it! Thinking of picking up another guitar with a wilkinson and a graphite nut. Are they useable or will I be bummin again?

They are very good. Most today are licensed. STEWMAC has a good one and a GOTOH one is good.
    Last edited by j4vice; 08-08-2007, 04:13 PM.
    JvicE

Comment

Trev Wilkinson makes a ton of different trems. I'm assuming you mean the one that Carvin offers on their guitars? It's pretty good. The neat thing about it is that the saddles lock down, like on a Floyd. Nothing moves and shifts when you dive it. What I don't like about it is the arm. It's a pop-in style that you can adjust the tension on with a little set screw. I much prefer the way most current Floyds use that finger-tight adjuster so you can have the bar at different tensions on the fly. But I'd guess a replacement bar for a Floyd could be made to work on a Wilkinson.

Anyway, they sell for around $90-110. StewMac or Carvin would likely be your best places to get one.
      please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

I had a winkinson trem on my old Brian Moore c90p.

It was pretty solid. Rarely went out of tune with the sperzels, except for extreme dive bombs when the strings don't sit back right on the nut.

Comment

I agree... I have one on my C90P as well and although you can't bomb it hard it is a good Trem! Nothing is better than an Original Floyd though!
          Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

Comment

ive got 1 on my patrick eggle. it locks the bridge when not in use like a fixed bridge. im a fan.
            no sig.....

Comment

Originally posted by asix View Post
              ive got 1 on my patrick eggle. it locks the bridge when not in use like a fixed bridge. im a fan.
              ohoo an Eggle owner... how does she sound man?
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

she's nice one of the early guitars I believe serial is 1605. coil tapped seymores a 59 and a jazz. tellie to less paul ish sound i ve had her for years (10) she's my baby.
                Last edited by asix; 07-12-2007, 03:43 AM.
                no sig.....

Comment

Gotoh have been making the decent wilkinson bridges for ages tere are lower end korean made ones which arent as good the VS50's.....

the VS100's are the good two point and theres a wilkinson vintage modern trem that has 5+1 VG100 I think its called, has the locking saddles of the VS with the 6 screw and vintage stylings....

I will be getting the VG to install ona strat project im reworking, gonna use it with locking tuners see how that works out....

Owain

Comment

I had a JRS-2 (I think??) that had one. I ended up blocking it. Even without having the bar installed, I just couldn't keep it in tune.

It was the one on THIS: http://audiozone.dk/CatalogScans/Jac...1997Page03.htm

Comment

Working...
                    X