Fender pickguard question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender pickguard question?

Will a genuine Fender pickguard (or aftermarket!) fit a MIM Strat? Well, i mean will the holes line up perfectly? I`m looking to get a new pg for my 96 MIM Strat and i think i read somewhere that the holes won`t line up. (11 hole) I don`t really want to make more/new holes in the body so if anyone knows for sure,please let me know. Thanks!!

Look to Jay at Guitarfetish. he does some good priced aftermarket pickguards I hear.

He'll also steer you in the right direction as to which to get.
    I'm looking for the same thing for a MIM that I want to Maidenize.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

You can get just about anything you would want from here:

I've used them several times with great results.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

unfortunately AFAIR, a supposedly genuine pickguard from eBay did not fit all the 11 (if my memory's right) holes on my USA fender. Nevertheless 11 is one too many holes and leaving out a few shouldn't matter much. Unless none of the holes match. LOL
          Sam

Comment

Question answered

There are (2) types I know of with 11 holes. Here goes. . .look at a 62 Strats PG and notice that there is a screw perfectly centered between the neck and middle Pup. Couple years later they moved that screw location further back towards the middle pup.<see photos below,side by side>
            The MIM should be the same as USA template (my 62 Classic Players (MIM) had a USA Custom Shop PG assembly loaded with 69's)

ps: Id stick with Genuine Fender PG for best fit.. . unless they dont make what you want.Hope this helps. I almost forgot about the narrow bridge spacing on the MIM Strats. USA & MIM have different string spacing,however even if the USA PG is wider around the bridge,its minor. The 11 screw holes will match up. The Squires line are different animal and not compatible.

I used to live here, contributing member of this forum. . .Anything Fender click here :http://www.fenderforum.com/forum.htm...-07-1409:57:29
            Last edited by ADR; 07-14-2007, 11:00 AM.
            Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Thanks!!! Yeah i`m going with a Genuine Fender USA 11 hole pg!

Comment

Working...
              X