a post about your least fav guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a post about your least fav guitar

mine is a red boddy gold hard wear ibanez rg 470 its Koran and I think its a 94. problems the neck its just a bit round for my likeing now, was a fan when first got it. the lo pro Floyd may need a big set up as it goes out of tune with the slightest movement. generally it spends a lot of time in its case. (about a year)
    no sig.....

Originally posted by asix View Post
    its Koran
    Is it a Muslim guitar?
    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

hahahaha!!
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

my least favorite was probably an import roswell rhoads.
        talk about looking cool, but playing/sounding like ass.

Comment

My worst was an Epiphone Explorer with a licensed Floyd. When I say "licensed Floyd" it's tough to do so without laughing, because this was the worst possible single-locking abomination I've ever seen. Sadly, that trem was the best part of the guitar. It had a bolt-on neck with the dimensions of a baseball bat, and the stock pickups were utterly worthless.

It all worked out in the end though. I bought it on clearance at Guitar Center for somewhere around $200-250 and got a shop to give me $350 trade-in credit for it toward a Hamer USA Californian Elite that was tagged $450. The Hamer is quite possibly the finest guitar I have ever owned.
          sigpic

Comment

Got to be the Randy Rhoads Hondo I worked my ass off to get when I was younger. It looked cool ,but what a peice of shit.

Comment

A Bond Electraglide. Did a deal with a buddy, just so as I could say that I'd owned one. Horrible, horrible thing....

Comment

Anything that starts with a J and ends in ACKSON... Kidding, ouch, knock it off.

I bought a Titan V, I thought the body shape was kinda cool because the V was curved a little, decent tremolo, but the neck still had Louisville Slugger ingraved on it i think. Slow uncomfortable neck, i don't know what I was thinking

Comment

Definitely a mid 70's strat...the 3 bolt micro tilt POS. Tune the high e and the neck would shift, tune the low e and it'd shift the other way. I ended up having to stuff picks in the sloppyass neck pocket just to tune it.

Comment

Mine WAS a GIBSON MARAUDER that I smashed on stage in 1988.
                    I do still have the guitar, in pieces, in it's case.
                    JvicE

Comment

Probably an ESP ltd KH-202 I bought. I bought right as they switched form HZs to EMG-ESP LH300 pickups and asked if they were active, and I was told yes and get home and check out the website and they aren't. That detail aside, the nut was crap and wasn't locking, so I took it back. In terms of what I won, probably my Ibanez RG5EX1. Plays nice and sounds decent, but after 3 months the wood under the trem post cracked, needing a major repair.

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
                        Is it a Muslim guitar?
                        Too funny:ROTF:

Comment

+1
                          Sam

Comment

The least favorite that's still around is this Hamer Vintage S that I picked up years ago. I've tried pup after pup in there and have never been happy with the tone but it plays fairly well and is one of those that's just too nice to part with ... particuarly for the pittance they go for used.

Yeah, there aren't exactly scads of dogs around here anymore.
                            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Hondo Explorer copy. It was an aqua blue with gold hardware and 2 cream humbuckers. I played it for a while and it sounded like crap. The strings were humping the frets so I took it to the local shop to get set up, (it was back in 1985). I got a call from the shop that it was damaged when they adjusted the truss rod. I went in and they showed me where the truss rod had cracked the skunk stripe out and the super thick finish on it had cracked too. Well, they said they had a source for replacement necks and could get em cheap. The let me buy a neck at cost and set it all up for me no charge. I thought I would be getting off easy here and be playing a killer axe real soon. 5 months later I get the guitar. They had a Di Marzio Super Distortion laying around and threw that in, the neck had an explorer style bananna head stock with a black face, rosewood 22 fret board and made the axe look killer. I got it home as I didn't have time to hang around and plug in at the shop. It still sounded like total shit and just wouldn't stay in tune even with a 6 saddle hard tail. Traded it off plus a hundred bucks for a Washburn 1 hum Strat style axe with a Washburn Wonder Trem.

Comment

Working...
                              X