Hamer USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamer USA

How are Hamers? A shop here has one that has 24 frets, an ebony fretboard, is neck through, H-S-S, has an OFR, and is setup Volume-Toen and 3 toggles. Anyone have an idea of what model it is? The inlays are hard to describe. I was thinking of going for it as I can get a good deal and pay half and have it laid away, and pay the rest a bit later.

I can't tell the exact model or somethin', but it's obviously one of the old "shredder" ones. The new ones are Gibson style guitars. And now, they refuse to do the "shredder" ones even as customs.So I think you should buy it.
    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

I have a 1991 USA Hamer centaura (Steve Stevens model). I love it. Such flawless construction and fretwork, and LOW action. And the tiny neck is effortless to play on,,,,way up to the 24th fret....kinda reminds me of my Jem, only put together more "solid." I'd say go for it.....old Hamer USA shredders are some of the finest. I'll never sell mine,,,,and still play it a lot. It came with a weird sparkle red paint job and gold hardware,,,,and I hated the color, so I stripped the paint off of the body last summer. And what a fine, flawless piece of wood they used for the body! I used a nice walnut stain on the bare wood,,,and with the gold hardware, the guitar is just beautiful now. High quality guitars.

Comment

My Steve Stevens is amazing I just wish the paint was better on it. I don't think I ever did anything to cause my issues with the paint but it seems as if it could have used a few more clear coats on it. Paint a side it is still an amazing guitar.
        Just one more guitar!

Comment

Sounds to me like it could be a Chapparral.
          http://www.oliverschneiss.de/Gitarre...haparral-i.jpg

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DN
          (scroll down about 1/3 way)

These are set necks and are 24-3/4" scale, so take a tape measure and double check.

Comment

CR buy it!
            Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Yep, sounds like a Chaparral all right. And MountainDog is correct, they are set neck. Hamer has never made a neck thru guitar, at least never a production one. The inlays are probably the boomerang inlays that Hamer used on a lot of their 80's/early 90's guitars.

I used to have an old 86 Chap. It was a great guitar, but I just couldn't get used to the medium frets at the time. Wish I'd kept it, now.

Comment

I have a `91 Californian Elite that is an incredible guitar. I would go so far as to say that it's the nicest instrument I own, which is saying quite a bit considering how much I love my Jacksons. Hell, other than my $99 Washburn seven, it's the only non-Jackson guitar I currently have. Unfortunately, I've never found another in the same condition locally, and since I bought it in the late `90s for $450, the prices on them have started to climb considerably. I had a Cali Deluxe for a couple of years, but needed to free up some cash and sold it . . . like a dumbass!

Anyway, Hamer made some awesome guitars, but nothing they offer now appeals to my pointy desires!
                sigpic

Comment

I've got a centaura and that thing fucking rocks! CR buy the bloody thing, if you don't like it I'll have it off you!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I played. Let me say, it was amazing. As nice as an SL1. Sounded great too. However thats where the good things end. I picked it up and it had not only a horrible case of belt buckle rash, but a large area of raised paint. It also had clear coat cracks everywhere in the cut aways, as well as some creeping around the front horn. Looked a whole lot better at distance yesterday Its ashame; it played nice but was in horrible cosmetic condition. It make me think it got soaked and someone used a blow dryer to dry it off. That or it was left in front of a space heater. Oh well, I guess I 'll keep looking

EDIT: It is a Chapparral. As for neck through, it is set neck, just kinda looked set neck through at firts glance.

Comment

How much was it?

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
                        How much was it?
                        $700 w/ case.

Comment

I'd pay that much for one in good condition, but not that one.

Comment

Working...
                          X