Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The second Fender Signature guitar for a woman.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hang on she isnt the second female guitarist to get a fender sig because its a squier...

apparently the switch is a 3 way coil selector inner on poition one humbucker pos 2 and outer pos 3.....

its ok but nothing fancy......

Comment

Good point. Actually, she's the 2nd female to get a Squier sig. How can we forget Hello Kitty? Artistically, Avril actually has a lot more in common w/ Hello Kitty than Bonnie, so Squier was probably the better fit.

Comment

Didn't Courtney Love have some weird "venus" sig model or some shit?

Comment

yep, Courtney Love had the Venus.

i think Boxcar talked about it at one point.

and i gotta defend Kelly too. write all her own songs, plays a little guitar, and sings her ass off.

she's awesome, IMO. and has a lot of integrity and heart in a genre where a lot of artists succumb and give a lot of their integrity up.

Comment

It is only a Squire! and a way to try to sale guitars to preteen girls.
            Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post
              To who'm?

She writes her own songs, plays guitar which is more than I can say about Britney Spears or Kelly Clarkson and other teeniebopper chicks.
              Those of you who know me, I NEVER use this word, but she is a sell-out...my blood starts to boil even when I just hear her name.
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I want to see that guitar it's not on fender page where did you see it?

Comment

Originally posted by chisorg1570 View Post
                  I want to see that guitar it's not on fender page where did you see it?
                  -Rick

Comment

I guess I'm too old, all I see is Cheap Trick. Looks like a cool cheap guitar though.
                    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Dude i forgot about the venus, i love that guitar seriously....I would love to own one someday, as well as the Squier Supersonic which was the main guitar of Omar Rodriguez in his At The Drive-in days

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84 View Post
                        what about mary kaye?
                        Mary Kay was a singer who posed with the Strat in catalog shots and ads, so the guitar she was holding (with the opaque cream finish and gold hardware) became known as the Mary Kay Strat. It wasn't a real signature model or anything though.
                        Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

yeah after posting that the other day i decided to delve into the matter a bit and found out that it wasnt even her guitar, but the response from the press photos were great. still, the venus man, the venus!!!

Comment

at the drive-in...now There was a great band.

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh Avenged View Post
                              at the drive-in...now There was a great band.
                              Cedric Bixler-Zavala has one of the most in key voices of the current music scene, he's amazing. I remember Toby Amies (MTV Europe VJ) hosting the American chartshow and introducing At the Drive in's music video for "One armed scissor" and saying "Finally something decent for a change."

Then I bought myself The Mars Volta's "Francis the mute" and after listening to it in full I had to gather my wits and try to comprihend what I just heard, Cedric and Omar Rodrigues Lopez make this amazing but highly unusual music.

A friend of mine already called Cedric the new Freddie Mercury.

Comment

Working...
                              X