Odd HM Strat ... Have a look !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd HM Strat ... Have a look !!!

Check out my latest acquisition. 1990 Fender HM Strat in Blue Marble. It's actually a much darker, deeper Blue in actuality.
    The neck plate says "Fender USA" and the neck reads "Made in Japan". I do believe these were made in Japan, but I have to say the quality is excellent !!! Dimarzio humbuckers, Floyd Rose Pro trem and it looks like the previous owner put a Carvin single in the middle. Note the rare pointy headstock. I love this thing !!

[IMG][IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

I had a HM strat (HSS), but it had a maple board and Kahler Trem. It played awesome. I wish I would've kept it. Nice score!

Comment

from back when Charvel and Jackson were eating Fender's lunch, so Fender put out C/J copies. too funny. glad you like it though.
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Nice fiddle. I still miss the HN Strat i had. It had a really nice neck although wider than my C/J's It played great.
        Nice score
        Gil

Comment

Last edited by Axewielder; 07-18-2007, 10:19 PM.

Comment

The fact he runs that site makes me think it isnt'

I was gonna say it looks very much like a transition model. Quasi-aanj shaped heel, same control cavity shape, hardware layout, almost headstock dimensions. Bet it sounds and plays great man! I'm really diggin my talon iv.

Comment

Hey Heartfielder - any idea what Heartfields are?? :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                Hey Heartfielder - any idea what Heartfields are?? :ROTF:
                Chris,

I am well aware that Heartfields are Japanese Fenders. Did you have to make that little guy ROTF laughing though ???

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
                  I had a HM strat (HSS), but it had a maple board and Kahler Trem. It played awesome. I wish I would've kept it. Nice score!
                  +1

Like mine? I bought thie a year ago, but still haven't played it because it needs a complete re-wire. Hopefully I'll get off my lazy ass tomorrow and wire it up to see what it's like to play.

Comment

looks like something CC forgot all drunk getting on the tour bus
                    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Budman would like that ... all pink and all ...

Comment

Originally posted by heartfielder View Post
                        Chris,

I am well aware that Heartfields are Japanese Fenders. Did you have to make that little guy ROTF laughing though ???
                        Recognize the sarcasm dude -- I was responding to someone else's post - which they edited...sheesh. I'm well aware of your "Heartfield affiliation"... We have talked about it at length when you were buying my Charvel Fusion. Axewielder was trying to tell you what a Heartfield was...(note edited post)

And yes, I like the little laughing guy - guess you don't. :ROTF:
                        Last edited by chrisolson; 07-19-2007, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                          +1

Like mine? I bought thie a year ago, but still haven't played it because it needs a complete re-wire. Hopefully I'll get off my lazy ass tomorrow and wire it up to see what it's like to play.
                          Yep, but mine was red marble.

Comment

And yes, I like the little laughing guy - guess you don't. :ROTF:[/QUOTE]

Chris,

No disrespect here ... I was joking with ya too ... :ROTF: but I still don't see who you were responding to

Comment

Originally posted by heartfielder View Post
                              I do believe these were made in Japan
                              Sorry Hearfielder, I read your post thoroughly but misinterpreted this sentence, thinking you were not 100% certain about the guitar. I have some experience with those guitars and was trying to be helpful. Tweedledee and Tweedledum took offense and started attacking me, so I retracted my post. Geewiz.

Really nice guitar, BTW.

Comment

Working...
                              X